Author Topic: radrunner canada + eggrider v2 = fast battery drain ?  (Read 4136 times)

seb660

• View Profile
radrunner canada + eggrider v2 = fast battery drain ?
« on: April 01, 2022, 08:27:09 AM »
Greetings everyone. recently purchased a radrunner(canadian edition) and decided to get the eggrider to get more out of it.

while i noticed a great improvement in speed i noticed that that battery is draining particularly fast since i installed the eggrided.

example: a 15 minutes ride no hills with no peddling brought the battery from 100% to 75%   

is this normal ? any of you have specific settings i should do in the eggrider app ? still new to all of this any help is greatly appreciated.

Jay-Ryan

• View Profile
Re: radrunner canada + eggrider v2 = fast battery drain ?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 11:57:34 AM »
Greetings everyone. recently purchased a radrunner(canadian edition) and decided to get the eggrider to get more out of it.

while i noticed a great improvement in speed i noticed that that battery is draining particularly fast since i installed the eggrided.

example: a 15 minutes ride no hills with no peddling brought the battery from 100% to 75%   

is this normal ? any of you have specific settings i should do in the eggrider app ? still new to all of this any help is greatly appreciated.

Although I cannot speak to the specifics of your observations, I would oiffer that quicker launching and higher top-end speeds would mean more draw on the battery...  25% in 15 minutes seems harsh, though.

Chris777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 11:39:25 AM »
I've noticed that the Canadian ebikes seem to get less efficient over 250 watts of output. AT 250 they go all day. At 500 maybe 2 hours.

Ddaybc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2022, 08:09:44 AM »

Seb660, are you still using the Eggrider? I'm curious how you like your Eggrider after using it for a month.
I have a Canadian RW4 and have been looking into upgrading the system. I like the efficiency of the Canadian controller so don't want to spend the money on an Area 13 controller and display upgrade. I don't want or need higher forward speed either. However I do want and sometimes need more hill climbing or cargo carrying ability. Occasionally I also need more acceleration when crossing the street.

seb660

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 06:55:45 AM »

Seb660, are you still using the Eggrider? I'm curious how you like your Eggrider after using it for a month.
I have a Canadian RW4 and have been looking into upgrading the system. I like the efficiency of the Canadian controller so don't want to spend the money on an Area 13 controller and display upgrade. I don't want or need higher forward speed either. However I do want and sometimes need more hill climbing or cargo carrying ability. Occasionally I also need more acceleration when crossing the street.

so far after a month of steady use i can say i like it a lot. a adjusted my output a bit and with the right combination of peddling and throttle its doing great and im getting decent enough distance now.

for your needs i think it will do great. more torque so better accelaration and hill climbing.

Ddaybc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 08:05:22 AM »
Seb660, Excellent. I'm happy to hear that.

Now I need to save up my pennies and order one.

Thank you.

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 04:28:35 AM »
Seb, I have a lot of problems adjusting settings on mine, the display always disconnects from the app after a few seconds. I can ride it in the default settings I got from Big Game Bikes but am unable to adjust my speed limit. How easy is it on yours to change settings via the app?

machina77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 11:13:18 AM »
Seb, I have a lot of problems adjusting settings on mine, the display always disconnects from the app after a few seconds. I can ride it in the default settings I got from Big Game Bikes but am unable to adjust my speed limit. How easy is it on yours to change settings via the app?

There is a known hardware issue with recent eggrider models, the team are readying a replacement for everyone having bluetooth connection issues, head over to the eggrider bitbucket, you will need to register. 

https://bitbucket.org/eggpower/eggriderv2/issues/215/bluetooth-keeps-disconneting

ericwn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 04:56:59 AM »

There is a known hardware issue with recent eggrider models, the team are readying a replacement for everyone having bluetooth connection issues, head over to the eggrider bitbucket, you will need to register. 

https://bitbucket.org/eggpower/eggriderv2/issues/215/bluetooth-keeps-disconneting
Thanks much, submitted the form and hope they reach out to me soon.

machina77

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »

[/quote]
Thanks much, submitted the form and hope they reach out to me soon.
[/quote]

You are welcome  :)

Duraxus

• View Profile
:) Re: radrunner canada + eggrider v2 = fast battery drain ?
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 07:50:24 PM »
 :) Has anyone upgraded the 35amp controller upgrade to their radrunner 1 here? if so what was your max speed?

SQFRad

• View Profile
Re: :) Re: radrunner canada + eggrider v2 = fast battery drain ?
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2022, 05:06:14 PM »
:) Has anyone upgraded the 35amp controller upgrade to their radrunner 1 here? if so what was your max speed?

I've done it on my radrunner+, top speed is the same, how I get there is very different. Climbing the stupid steep and very long hill to my house is much easier too, I can sustain close to 30kph where I'd do well to sustain 15.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum