Author Topic: RadCity 5 Plus, headlight will not tighten.  (Read 2132 times)

Zombie Wolf

• View Profile
RadCity 5 Plus, headlight will not tighten.
« on: March 28, 2022, 08:22:45 PM »
I am installing the headlight on my new bike and as the manual says I out three washers on the bolt, put the bolt through the fender mount, then through the head light, then trough the fork, then one more washer and the nut on the end. but I have tightened it to the point that the nut started to slip in the wrench but the headlight will still slight all over the place with almost no effort.

anyone have any tips on how I can fix this?

Radio Runner

• View Profile
Re: RadCity 5 Plus, headlight will not tighten.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 11:58:56 PM »
The bolt should not be slipping. I think you are either using the wrong sized wrench or have bottomed out the nut and there isn't any threads left to turn it on.

Hard to say more without pictures.

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 05:16:00 AM »
I am installing the headlight on my new bike and as the manual says I out three washers on the bolt, put the bolt through the fender mount, then through the head light, then trough the fork, then one more washer and the nut on the end. but I have tightened it to the point that the nut started to slip in the wrench but the headlight will still slight all over the place with almost no effort.

anyone have any tips on how I can fix this?

Three washers on the bolt does not sound right, I think the post below might be right in the bolt is bottoming out but it might be due to an extra washer. That being said the mounting system could be better, I'm connecting them to the front basket on one and front rack on our other.

Zombie Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 05:50:34 PM »
Problem fixed.

as per the instructions the split washer that I could not remove from the bolt should not be there, and because I was put the bolt in from the front (as per the instructions) that split washer was on the side where the light mounts. when I turned the bolt around so the nut was by the light and the split washer was between the forks it worked perfectly.

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »
Excellent!! Glad to hear that.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 09:40:44 AM »