News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadMini 4 Electric Folding Bike tire replacement & repair

Started by fallendaemon, March 26, 2022, 01:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

fallendaemon

I received my RadMini 4 Electric Folding Bike last summer and love it. I had to upgrade the Seatpost to a 500mm from Taiwan as at 6.3 and a 32 inseam it was way too short. Now to the question : I apparently have the latest tire set but after just a few rides I got a simple household thumb tack right in the center of the tire which sadly deflated it in no time to my surprise. I was under the impression that these tires were supposed to be puncture proof. Is there a type/style/model that is suitable for replacing these as I can figure out what kind of tire it actually is or spects to go shipping for. I would love some information on these for future reference. Are there other tire manufacturers that are now making these type of tires as I seem to be seeing them on other makers bikes now. Is my tire defective because of a tack causing leak or is tcat normal for these. I have called to a local bike shop and they say these tires can't be fixed which surprises me. Are these tubeless or do they require innertubes, which I think could be payched? Also, I noticed that there are a heavy-duty tire on Rad's website that says puncture proof, so are they really as I live in a rural mountain area in the Pacific NW and at 63 I can't be out far away and have this happen. Thanks in advance for your help here folks...   Jeff

Tony

Your bike has an inner tube that can be patched or preferably replaced with a new tube. Any bike shop should be able to do this. Better still, we as kids learnt to do it ourselves. Much better than pushing a heavy bike home. I'm 68 and can still do it on my own.

rjp

Patch the tube or replace it and install 8OZ. of flat out in both your tires.