News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

The end for Rad Mini ST 2

Started by Eric7, March 25, 2022, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Eric7

Just got an email from Rad.

"We're sorry to break the news to you: the RadMini Step-Thru 2 is almost sold out online. So if you had your heart set on riding the ebike Electric Bike Review named "Best Folding Electric Fat Bike of 2021," you'll need to act fast. Order yours now for shipping in April.

We expect the final shipment of the RadMini Step-Thru 2 to sell out quickly. Don't miss your chance—get yours before they're gone.

Stay Rad,

The Rad Power Bikes Team"

Radio Runner

I got it as well. Pretty foolish decision if you ask me. The expand5 is a poor replacement.

Altema

I don't really want the Expand, so if I can't get a Rad Mini ST 2 for my wife, then I may have to go to another brand. She was finally warming up to an e-bike, then this happens 😔

Eric7

I agree it is a bad decision. They were selling it for about $1300 last year.  Even at $1500 this year it is a good price. I also thought since it has been in production for so long that the sunk cost and issues have been worked out and it would be cheaper to continue. Maybe change a few things and call it the Rad Mini ST 3.

JimInPT

Quote from: Radio Runner on March 25, 2022, 05:12:07 PM
I got it as well. Pretty foolish decision if you ask me. The expand5 is a poor replacement.

I agree; dumb decision - the Expand may have a place in the lineup but is a very noticable and significant step backward from the MiniST2 and when you could get two for $1,150 each last fall the Mini was just a screaming deal. 

Now I'll try even harder to keep my ST2 running forever!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.