Author Topic: Need another battery  (Read 8438 times)

Hbomb

• View Profile
Need another battery
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:11:42 PM »
Hi everyone, I’m a new Wagon owner and I’m wanting to ride for a bit longer than my battery will take me And I definitely don’t want to be pushing this bike up any hills with my kids on it.. Anyone have a battery for sale, or any pointers on an after market battery? The price on the Rad website made me gasp plus they are out of stock. I’m not too savvy in the ebike battery world so I don’t know if all 48v batteries are compatible etc. willing to go higher voltage also  if it doesn’t mess up my bike or anything.  thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:13:20 PM by Hbomb »

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need another battery
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 06:31:14 PM »
Unfortunately I am not aware of any batteries from a third party that would fit your Rad. They are high quality packs which is why they are so expensive. I'd contact Rad and ask them when they expect they will be available for purchase or perhaps even wait until November when they clear out this year's models and get yourself another ebike to go along with an extra battery.

For what it's worth my wife and I tackled many hills on our RadWagon together. We are active folks and could actually go quite far on one charge.

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 07:31:53 AM »
If you want to be 100% safe, choose the original battery.

I have been searching a battery too, and found this from Ebay (just f.ex.): https://www.ebay.fr/itm/123838045060
This is in Europe though.

Edit: Also found few sellers on Ebay who send these batteries directly from the US. Looks like Rad Power Bikes uses the Hailong type battery case? Which is good since they seem to be quite common. And you can buy a new charger and a battery holder too. I guess the controller unit will only care that the voltage is correct and the battery can give enough amps out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:43:30 AM by fin_rad »

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 12:29:56 PM »
Thanks for the info! Maybe the batteries will be on sale in November for Black Friday. It would be cool to have a Mini too, they look fun :). I want to use it for commuting to work 20 miles, and there is a steep grade at the end.  I suppose if I keep the pas super low until the end it should be alright.  Thanks again!

RadRider65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 11:32:54 PM »
Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading my RadRunner with a new 35a controller and 52v battery setup, so looking to sell the stock RadPower battery.  Will put up a listing as soon as I figure out how to.  I bought and assembled bike this past Christmas and being in Wyoming have only recently started riding, so no more than 15 charge cycles.  Would include the charger and the slide mount for $395 plus shipping.

John

Hbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 09:36:00 PM »
Hi john! Okay let me know when you’re ready, we can exchange info. I was actually thinking of upgrading with Bolton for more battery and more power. It makes me nervous though. - Heidi

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading my RadRunner with a new 35a controller and 52v battery setup, so looking to sell the stock RadPower battery.  Will put up a listing as soon as I figure out how to.  I bought and assembled bike this past Christmas and being in Wyoming have only recently started riding, so no more than 15 charge cycles.  Would include the charger and the slide mount for $395 plus shipping.

John

RadRider65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 06:59:08 PM »
You may want to close this post given fact you have decided to upgrade controller/battery vs obtaining another Rad battery.

Ebike_Trent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:19:04 PM »
If you still have the battery and want to sell I would be interested.

Hello,

John

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 01:44:41 AM »
Alternative way to get a new battery for your Rover or Rhino:
https://youtu.be/Z_SQ28Q3Hu4

Couldn't find that triangle one anymore, but there are many under the HaiLong brand. With the battery you get a new charger and mount for the battery. This one in the eBay UK:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223033162309

So with the instructions one can get a new battery for much cheaper price than if buying the original. I might find better connectors though... ;)

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 01:44:41 AM »