Author Topic: Juiced horn on a Rad Rover 6 plus?  (Read 2643 times)

Tree

• View Profile
Juiced horn on a Rad Rover 6 plus?
« on: March 16, 2022, 11:12:02 AM »
Anyone here installed the Juiced horn/alarm (https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/juiced-bikes-horn) on their Rad Rover 6+, and if so, how did the install go? I love the volume and it will be perfect for my commutes, but I definitely want to know the install is relatively seamless.

Si1Dia

• View Profile
Re: Juiced horn on a Rad Rover 6 plus?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 11:47:37 AM »
Looking at the product page it says that the horn is USB rechargeable. so it should be as easy as just attaching it to the bike where ever you can find room. V

ery kewl product by the way. thank you for pointing it out.

MI_RadRover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 12:48:17 PM »
You don't need to by this product from Juiced.  I bought same product from AliExpress for <$35.  Well worth the 30 day wait and works like a charm. 

ElectricRides

• View Profile
    • Electric Rides on YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 02:06:33 PM »
I had a similar horn that I purchased from Amazon and it worked pretty well. I didn't like having to charge it every so often especially when it's bolted onto the bike so I couldn't simply just take it into my house and recharge when needed. I also didn't like the relatively big button on my handlebars since they were getting pretty cluttered with other buttons, switches, and mirrors.

When I added my motorcycle headlight and turn signals I switched it out for a 12v motorcycle horn since the main switch had the option as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 12:54:38 PM by Ryan »

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 02:35:04 PM »
Anyone here installed the Juiced horn/alarm (https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/juiced-bikes-horn) on their Rad Rover 6+, and if so, how did the install go? I love the volume and it will be perfect for my commutes, but I definitely want to know the install is relatively seamless.

mine just arrived today. i already had the GZilla water bottle holder (https://www.gzila.com/products/rad-power-bike-water-bottle-holder) on my bike so installed it on the 2nd and 5th holes on the right front side.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 02:38:03 PM by Tree »

JedidiahStolzfus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 12:46:47 PM »

mine just arrived today. i already had the GZilla water bottle holder (https://www.gzila.com/products/rad-power-bike-water-bottle-holder) on my bike so installed it on the 2nd and 5th holes on the right front side.

I bought an identical horn from Amazon.  I experienced what many in the reviews did.  It works, then it just dies.  If you recharge it, the light goes from red to blue, then you hit the horn a couple times and it dies again.

The batteries in these things are crap.  It's a pair of flat 3.7v batteries together in series to get 7.4v.  The one I got was marked over a year old when I got it out.  I just put together a fresh battery pack using a pair of 3.7V AAA size cells.  Put it all together and it's working again. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 12:55:06 PM by Ryan »

Carlosthetaxman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 08:39:06 AM »
I had a similar horn that I purchased from Amazon and it worked pretty well. I didn't like having to charge it every so often especially when it's bolted onto the bike so I couldn't simply just take it into my house and recharge when needed. I also didn't like the relatively big button on my handlebars since they were getting pretty cluttered with other buttons, switches, and mirrors.

When I added my motorcycle headlight and turn signals I switched it out for a 12v motorcycle horn since the main switch had the option as well.

I desperately need to get a good horn on my Rad City 4. Can you share how you did the wiring? I have a switch for a horn and blinker combo and I need to add both, but I need a circuit with enough power.

Thanks.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 08:50:53 AM »
I desperately need to get a good horn on my Rad City 4.

I added this one to my Mini ST2 a year or so back, in addition to the stock bell and a louder bell, so I have varying degrees of warning depending on circumstances:

https://amzn.to/3Rnd8ia

My little factory bell isn't very loud, but is perfect for quiet woods trails, the bigger dinger is for louder trails and bike lanes, but this will pierce a closed window on that car about to turn into your path.

It's rechargeable, but has a pretty large capacity and a charge lasts a LONG time (months) if you don't need the horn very often.   It's extremely, annoyingly loud, which is sort of the point, and attaches easily.  I have a USB charger on the end of the cord for the bike's main-battery charger, so I can charge this on the bike and never need to remove it.  It could also be charged using the USB outlet on the bike's display.

I can recommend this and it's cheap enough to try without risking a lot of money.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:26:46 PM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 05:53:41 AM »
 I have the same horn and you are absolutely right  , very loud and cheap.
 As far as charging I have had mine for over a year and charged it once out of boredom.  It was still working fine.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 05:53:41 AM »