News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

What's up with the Canadian delays?

Started by Monty, February 27, 2022, 04:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Monty

Everything on the web page is "temporarily delayed" since 02/19 and there is nothing that ships out to customer. I understand something happened with their fulfillment partner, but what kind of problem will cause site wide inability to ship? Yes I know Covid and all but that's worrying... Someone knows what's up with that? Or had more information from CS?

NaturallyRC

Sticking to the topic - long story short - on about Feb 18, I ordered three different parts that the site said were in stock. Got confirmation, Rad took my money (they were very quick to do that). A week later I got an email letting me know my bike was delayed (but that I would love it). Um, already have a bike. So I contacted Rad and got a bunch of excuses about "global partners" and that when they said "bike" they meant "parts." I said, whatever, just ship me the parts you DO have, because they can't ALL be out of stock(?) Rad said no. Not cool. Sooooo not cool.

Monty

Quote from: NaturallyRC on March 03, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
Sticking to the topic - long story short - a month ago I ordered three different parts that the site said were in stock. Got confirmation, Rad took my money (they were very quick to do that). A week later I got an email letting me know my bike was delayed (but that I would love it). Um, already have a bike. So I contacted Rad and got a bunch of excuses about "global partners" and that when they said "bike" they meant "parts." I said, whatever, just ship me the parts you DO have, because they can't ALL be out of stock(?) Rad said no. Not cool. Sooooo not cool.

So after a month, have you received anything? I really don't understand how everyone has no trouble getting their inventory to carrier but they can't. I understand if carriers are having delays, but at least it's in the pipeline. Either they lie about stocks or they are straight up incompetent. I sent 3k on their way and I can't get a straight answer on why there are delays. Someone told be everything is fine, it's still 3-5 days to ship, but sometimes pickup to carrier can be hit and miss, and someone else told me they were switching carrier.  No ETA on anything. How can it be so long to just use another carrier to ship things out?

NaturallyRC

I was imprecise about it being a full month (that one's on me) and have amended my post. The other details stand. What galls me is Rad's attempt to throw some mysterious separate entity under the bus. To the consumer, Rad is Rad is Rad. We don't care how the operation is structured. Rad took my money, Rad said the parts (in stock) would ship in a day or two. Literally, that's a done deal.

Quote from: Monty on March 03, 2022, 09:06:55 AM
Quote from: NaturallyRC on March 03, 2022, 08:54:00 AM
Sticking to the topic - long story short - a month ago I ordered three different parts that the site said were in stock. Got confirmation, Rad took my money (they were very quick to do that). A week later I got an email letting me know my bike was delayed (but that I would love it). Um, already have a bike. So I contacted Rad and got a bunch of excuses about "global partners" and that when they said "bike" they meant "parts." I said, whatever, just ship me the parts you DO have, because they can't ALL be out of stock(?) Rad said no. Not cool. Sooooo not cool.

So after a month, have you received anything? I really don't understand how everyone has no trouble getting their inventory to carrier but they can't. I understand if carriers are having delays, but at least it's in the pipeline. Either they lie about stocks or they are straight up incompetent. I sent 3k on their way and I can't get a straight answer on why there are delays. Someone told be everything is fine, it's still 3-5 days to ship, but sometimes to pickup to carrier can be hit and miss, and someone else told me they were switching carrier.  No ETA on anything. How can it be so long to just use another carrier to ship things out?

Monty

Ahh no problem.

I just noticed the european website states the same thing as the canadian side. All orders placed after 2/19 are delayed. All of this while stating they have bikes in stock. So I think we can establish their "in stock" is a lie. They 100% have nothing in stock and are waiting for containers to arrive from China... Can't say I'm impressed about their transparency... Can I still get a refund if they didn't ship anything?

NaturallyRC

I received this from Rad customer service today. Unlike the previous emails, this one at least contains some useful (depending on your point of view, and for sure cut and paste) details:

Thank you for reaching out about this! Our fulfillment partner is making progress in returning to normal operations. As an immediate solution, we are bypassing their fulfillment system and manually processing the orders. However, this means we are unable to provide timelines at this time.

We recognize how important it is to have accurate information, and we can assure you we are urgently working to meet this challenge.

We do understand how frustrating this is for our customers. Rad Power Bikes greatly appreciates the patience and understanding you've shown in this matter! We will update you with any further information when it becomes available, and are completing all orders as we are able. You will still receive tracking information as soon as your order ships!

Monty

Thanks for the update! I really wonder what kind of problem their partner have...

NaturallyRC

Rad is not exactly transparent on the details, are they? The whole "partner" excuse pisses me off. That's the same as me blaming my foot for kicking you in the shin. Rad is Rad. Own your problems.

Quote from: Monty on March 04, 2022, 11:30:27 AM
Thanks for the update! I really wonder what kind of problem their partner have...

NaturallyRC

Got another email from Rad. This one asks me to rate the sketchy, blame-shifting sentence their agent cut and pasted, that offered me nothing about when I might get my order. Seriously? 

Quote from: Monty on March 04, 2022, 11:30:27 AM

Monty

Yeah I spoke a bit with their rep on Twitter and they were useless. When I asked to stop with the corporate talk, they sent my "inquiry" to Rad CS and I got a copy/paste email telling me, buckle up, "We are expecting these orders to start shipping out but don't have an exact timeline. "

Man what a relief, they are planning to ship out my 3k$ order! This is just shitty business practice. And yesterday on reddit, one guy got his bike in about a week in the US... Thanks Rad for letting us know we are second class customers in Canada!

Edit : Oh yeah I forgot, when I fist contacted them on twitter and they asked for my order number, they told me : "Thank you for providing your order number. It looks like your order was delivered. Please let us know if you need help with anything else!" Seriously, what the fuck... I know mistakes are human and all but that's about the worst experience I had buying something online... they need to set up their communications because they'll end up with a lot of frustrated customers. I don't want a fixed date, I only want to know what is going on.

NaturallyRC

By chance, I noticed that the black bar delayed message atop the European site is a hyperlink (in Canada it is not), which led me to a company page for "Expeditors International" in Seattle, same as Rad. A Google news search yields this.

https://www.cpomagazine.com/cyber-security/suspected-ransomware-cyber-attack-disrupts-expeditors-internationals-logistics-operations-worldwide/

Why did I have to Google this? Does Rad not want anyone to know?

NaturallyRC

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/expeditors-international-of-washington-sees-material-adverse-impact-from-cyber-attack

Quote from: NaturallyRC on March 09, 2022, 06:42:18 AM
By chance, I noticed that the black bar delayed message atop the European site is a hyperlink (in Canada it is not), which led me to a company page for "Expeditors International" in Seattle, same as Rad. A Google news search yields this.

https://www.cpomagazine.com/cyber-security/suspected-ransomware-cyber-attack-disrupts-expeditors-internationals-logistics-operations-worldwide/

Monty

Quote from: NaturallyRC on March 09, 2022, 06:42:18 AM

Wow good catch! That would explain everything pretty well... kind of weird they don't push that narrative through CS. They got the perfect excuse to wash their hands completely. Letting us wonder if they switched production supplier, or worse is not very good for business...

NaturallyRC

Yup, beats me why in none of my customer service interactions, noboby just explained, our shipper got hacked, big-time.

Quote from: Monty on March 09, 2022, 06:54:28 AM
Wow good catch! That would explain everything pretty well... kind of weird they don't push that narrative through CS. They got the perfect excuse to wash their hands completely. Letting us wonder if they switched production supplier, or worse is not very good for business...

Monty

Well, looks like they are working hard behind the curtain for real. I've just received my center console! The only thing is I haven't been notified of any shipment sent my way and the package slip is mentioning a second package (I'm guessing my bike). I just hope it's not lost or anything because I don't have any tracking number and my order is still marked as unfulfilled on the rad website.