News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Kenda Krusade and K-Rad for 20 inch is in stock at Rad. Any recommendations?

Started by Eric7, February 24, 2022, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Eric7

Does anyone have a recommendation of one of these tires to replace CST Big Boat 20 inch? 

Another question.  Should I stock up now or wait? 

I have 150 miles on my Mini Step Thru - got it in Dec and I couldn't ride because of the snow.  Summer is coming so I plan to ride more.  I guess maybe the CST big boat may last one year and 500-1000 miles so maybe I should not buy a set of tires this year.  What do you think?

SemperVee

We have two mini's.  Always good to have a set of tires readily available. Ya never know when you will need them!  Getting ready to get a set of
Shinko SR241 Front/Rear Dual Sport Tire - 3.00-16/Black for the mini's from Amazon.

JimInPT

When I ordered my MiniST2 a year ago, I saw they had swapped in the CST Big Boats and had planned to swap them out, but after riding for a few hundred miles I think I'll probably end up replacing them with the same tire when these wear out.  They handle great on just about every surface and don't have the noise and inefficiency of knobbies on pavement. 

I think unless you're on sand or unstable surfaces a lot, the Big Boat tread is just fine.  The bike itself isn't really designed for more hardcore trail-riding that might demand the knobby tires.  I ride streets, compacted wood/beach trails and sometimes packed sand and the BBs do fine for me.  Yes, I was surprised that I ended up liking these a lot.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Eric7

Quote from: SemperVee on February 25, 2022, 08:07:59 AM

We have two mini's.  Always good to have a set of tires readily available. Ya never know when you will need them!  Getting ready to get a set of
Shinko SR241 Front/Rear Dual Sport Tire - 3.00-16/Black for the mini's from Amazon.

Thank you.  Can you clarify something for me, teach me?  So when I am buying tires, I am looking at 20 inch tires.  I am guessing what you are saying is that if I were to buy from Amazon, 3.00-16 is what I want?  So for motorcycle tires, 16 is the size I am looking for?  I am confused here.

Eric7

Quote from: JimInPT on February 25, 2022, 03:01:36 PM
When I ordered my MiniST2 a year ago, I saw they had swapped in the CST Big Boats and had planned to swap them out, but after riding for a few hundred miles I think I'll probably end up replacing them with the same tire when these wear out.  They handle great on just about every surface and don't have the noise and inefficiency of knobbies on pavement. 

I think unless you're on sand or unstable surfaces a lot, the Big Boat tread is just fine.  The bike itself isn't really designed for more hardcore trail-riding that might demand the knobby tires.  I ride streets, compacted wood/beach trails and sometimes packed sand and the BBs do fine for me.  Yes, I was surprised that I ended up liking these a lot.

Thank you, as always, for your input.  I'll definitely think about what you say.