News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Extending Battery Life

Started by jcvdd, February 20, 2022, 07:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jcvdd

Greetings -

I have read, but don't understand about not fully charging nor depleting the battery charge in order to extend the battery life.
Can anyone please explain what is balancing a new battery as some here have suggested not to and some have suggested to
balance a new battery and how does one balance a battery anyways? Any other ideas in extending battery life. Thanks  Joe Florida

jbfoster

There have been some threads that get in detail about charging. I'll give my understanding. Batteries will recharge so many times. If you charge your battery to 80 percent and discharge to about 20 percent you will extend the life of your battery. As for balancing you want all the cells in the battery pack to be the same voltage. I do believe after the pack is fully charged and you leave the pack charging it will automatically balance the cells in the battery pack. I forget how long it takes for this to happen. I don't get a chance to ride as often as i like so every couple months I will fully charge my battery and leave it on charge over night so it will do a balance charge.

Jim