News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Thinking on buying 2 RadMini’s

Started by Tony25123, February 13, 2022, 08:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Tony25123

Looks like I missed out on a pretty good discount few months back... oh, new to the group too...  I'm 5'5" 30" inseam... wife is 5'2" 27.5" inseam... oh, and old and decrepit... I've had several neck surgeries so I need to be upright in order to ride and actually see where I'm going... thoughts on buying these?

sc00ter

You'll have zero regrets with a Mini. I prefer the ST version myself. You can also rotate the stem backwards if the stock reach to the handlebars is to much. As mentioned before in other threads, I have a MiniST in the family. Owner is in her early 70's and is very short. She rides it as much as possible. Only thing to note, they are heavy little things. The Mini series carries its weight low so handling isn't the issue but trying to carry it up steps and such. Remove the battery to make it a bit easier to lift. All ebikes are on the heavy side so this is not exclusive to Rad.

Welcome to the forum by the way! I've been trying to get my wife on a ebike so we can further explore our neighborhood. I use my ebike to commute to work and run to the grocery store.

JimInPT

Yep, you missed a great deal that expired around Thanksgiving, especially on a pair of them - $1,150 each if buying two bikes.

Anyway, it's a great bike; love my MiniST bought last March and awaiting a controller/display upgrade to boost the torque once the garage warms up a bit.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Tony25123

Quote from: sc00ter on February 14, 2022, 06:25:42 AM
You'll have zero regrets with a Mini. I prefer the ST version myself. You can also rotate the stem backwards if the stock reach to the handlebars is to much. As mentioned before in other threads, I have a MiniST in the family. Owner is in her early 70's and is very short. She rides it as much as possible. Only thing to note, they are heavy little things. The Mini series carries its weight low so handling isn't the issue but trying to carry it up steps and such. Remove the battery to make it a bit easier to lift. All ebikes are on the heavy side so this is not exclusive to Rad.

Welcome to the forum by the way! I've been trying to get my wife on a ebike so we can further explore our neighborhood. I use my ebike to commute to work and run to the grocery store.

Was she able to ride it with or without rotating stem?  Thanks for the info... I've read through several of the post and recall reading that.  Not sure how hard it'll be to remove and reinstall the controls but I'd try it if I purchase them and I have a reach issue.

Tony25123

Quote from: JimInPT on February 14, 2022, 06:59:24 AM
Yep, you missed a great deal that expired around Thanksgiving, especially on a pair of them - $1,150 each if buying two bikes.

Anyway, it's a great bike; love my MiniST bought last March and awaiting a controller/display upgrade to boost the torque once the garage warms up a bit.

Haven't seen anything on this upgrade yet, haven't read every post.  Is that from Rad? What's the specs?

JimInPT

Tony25123

Was worried about supply chain issues so I pulled the trigger... ordered 2

JimInPT

Quote from: Tony25123 on February 14, 2022, 05:45:50 PM
Was worried about supply chain issues so I pulled the trigger... ordered 2

There ya go - have fun!

Runningliner13

"  I pulled the trigger... ordered 2"
Do you have received your order ??