News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

I got my bike - and we have 3 feet of snow

Started by RB, February 11, 2022, 04:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RB

I have enjoyed cycling since I got a bike at 7 years of age, however, 2 years ago I found that my right shoulder became painful after cycling, especially if there were some upgrades involved. I couldn't figure out how to go on a trip and just go level and downhill and not go up. Last year I rented an e-bike and went cycling with my son and had a wonderful time and no shoulder pain. After talking to dealers, other cyclists, and neighbours I decided to buy one. I ordered and paid for a Rad City 5 Plus Step Thru in September with a delivery scheduled for Oct 15th. Each month for a period the delivery was pushed ahead a month till it showed on my doorstep February 8th.  After the first delay I definitely wanted the bike by the end of April as I had no desire of cycling with snow, ice and really cold temperatures.  I should point out that I am 77 years old and live in Canada.

A friend of mine offered to help as he was interested in seeing this bike. We got together the day after delivery and opened the box, pulled out all the contents, loaded my tablet with the instructions and put it together. There was nothing wrong, broken or missing. One of the accessories, an Abus wheel lock did not have the bolts needed to hook it up. Called customer service and they promised to get the items I needed.

What a bike! It looks really good. I have been trying to make a list of concerns, problems, things that went wrong and have only one item and that is because I am not handy with tablets. I had read the owner's manual prior to delivery so I was pretty confident on the order of doing things, but to be safe watched the tablet as we progressed. Unfortunately, when I stopped the video and then restarted it sometimes it started at the beginning or went to the end or I lost the video, so it was much easier just to follow along with the owner's manual. So that is my problem, not Rad Power's.

I will follow this up in April or May after I can put the tires on pavement, not ice, and let you know how I feel about this machine then. As far as the company is concerned, they have a wonderful group of people who answered my questions, kept me excited about the anticipated delivery, and helped me buy several accessories. I am amazed at how good they made me feel even with the delays.
Cheers
Robert