News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Power Bikes battery storage and depletion

Started by Ryan, January 06, 2019, 06:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Rad recommends that the lithium battery be stored at around 50% capacity. Our Wagon battery wasn't completely full but still had 5 bars when we stopped riding it early November. I'm now trying to (slowly) discharge the battery by using it to charge other devices around the house. I imagine this will take quite some time but there has to be another way. I don't want to ride it outside since there is salt on our roads but perhaps that is my best option. We will see how this experiment goes [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

While it took a couple of weeks of charging our phones and tablets here and there I am happy to report our Rad Wagon battery now shows 3/5 bars. I feel much better about winter storage of the battery now.

RadBiker

Wondering if you bring your battery inside when it gets cold and it isn't hooked up to your bike? I will ride my Rad until there is salt and snow and sometimes temperatures are below freezing. Typically I just bring it in for the winter, but wondering if I shouldn't let it sit outside all day and night in the cold.

Quote from: Ryan on January 24, 2019, 08:59:37 PM
While it took a couple of weeks of charging our phones and tablets here and there I am happy to report our Rad Wagon battery now shows 3/5 bars. I feel much better about winter storage of the battery now.

Ryan

Yes, I bring our battery in if it's going to get cold overnight. You also want to do this for charging your battery. Rad recommends charging the bike in temps between 50° to 77°F. Battery range is decreased in cold temps and Rad Power Bikes states the cut off for cold weather riding is -4°F.