News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Battery Misreprentation?

Started by Gizmo, January 30, 2022, 05:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Gizmo

So I understand we were supposed to get Samsung, Panasonic, or Lg batteries, how come on my 6+ battery it says manufactured by DLG, I googled the co and it's a battery company in China. Before I ever googled this co I called Rad and they said it was the battery container co which I'm guessing is BS
What's the deal rad? :-\

DickB

They are referring to the brand of cells used inside the battery.

Tree

Considering all the components of most things we use in our daily lives, it's unlikely any of are using things made in other countries, specifically, China.

Sirch

Quote from: Gizmo on January 30, 2022, 05:20:14 AM
So I understand we were supposed to get Samsung, Panasonic, or Lg batteries, how come on my 6+ battery it says manufactured by DLG, I googled the co and it's a battery company in China. Before I ever googled this co I called Rad and they said it was the battery container co which I'm guessing is BS
What's the deal rad? :-\

The cells inside are Samsung/Panasonic/LG, you are seeing the manufacturer of the outer battery case. Rad doesn't make their own battery cases, which is why you'll see a million different ebike batteries that look like the "standard Rad battery" hailong battery case.