News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Battery upgrade help on RadWagon 3

Started by colinokeefe, January 28, 2022, 12:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

colinokeefe

After close to 5,000 miles and however many charge cycles I'm starting to notice the range on my battery isn't quite what it used to be. Gotta assume that's normal—right?

With that, I like to push the range to the max and can't really settle for only 20-25 miles. So it's either replacing it—or upgrading.

What's the most straightforward way to upgrade the battery setup to get more range. Speed/acceleration/etc. really isn't much of a priority, I just want to take the ~30 mile range (mostly 3 assist) with a stock battery to at least 50+. Is there a single battery setup that can do this? What's the move here, with increased range as the primary objective?

Thanks all.

Joel52334

Quote from: colinokeefe on January 28, 2022, 12:43:59 PM
After close to 5,000 miles and however many charge cycles I'm starting to notice the range on my battery isn't quite what it used to be. Gotta assume that's normal—right?

With that, I like to push the range to the max and can't really settle for only 20-25 miles. So it's either replacing it—or upgrading.

I'd add either the DATEx2 for 2 batteries or the DATEx3 for 3 batteries.  I got my 2nd battery from "big game bikes dot com" they also have the datex 2 & 3 models.  Gareth is a very nice person to work with, will supply you with all the patch cables you need.  He's a nice person to work with.

What's the most straightforward way to upgrade the battery setup to get more range. Speed/acceleration/etc. really isn't much of a priority, I just want to take the ~30 mile range (mostly 3 assist) with a stock battery to at least 50+. Is there a single battery setup that can do this? What's the move here, with increased range as the primary objective?

Thanks all.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.