News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Shorter Handlebar Stem/Tube for Rad Mini?

Started by RoysRT, March 19, 2020, 10:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RoysRT

Hello out there. I'm hoping to get a Rad Mini Step Thru for my wife who is 4'10" tall. I have the Mini 4 and she is concerned that the handlebars on the Minis are too tall for her. Her existing pedal bike handlebars are 41" and the minimum handlebar height on the Mini is 45".
I'm going to try and get her on my Mini but the seating position is really too high for her.

Has anyone out there modified a Mini with lower handlebars, shorter stem/tube or some other solution? Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan

I believe you can reverse the stem for easier reach. Let us know how it goes.

sloppy

You could flip the bars to.  or run a flat bar. 

nirdlobkin

I am 6'0" and I have a Rad mini step-thru. I was having trouble with my arms tiring after a ride. I was leaning too far forward because of the over-long reach for the handlebars. I raise the bars as high as they would go and this supplied some relief. I finally reversed the stem and WOW, what a difference! I am very comfortable riding now. If anything the handling is better too. It only requires the removal or loosening of half a dozen 6mm bolts and screws on the LCD display.