News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad power to raise prices the end of December

Started by Veggyhed, December 15, 2021, 10:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Thanks for sharing! I'm not surprised with the ways things have trended this year which is why I recommended to lots of people to buy over Black Friday if there was a discounted deal on a model that appealed to them. If this news prompts you to buy a Rad Power Bike be sure to use our link to support the forum (thanks!): https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Veggyhed

I feel like I really missed out on the prices. When I first bought my mini 4 in 2020 it was $1599 now it's $1299. I just purchased the Rad Runner Plus and paid  $1799 and miss the original price.
I still think the bikes are worth the price since I rely on my bikes daily to get around.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JimInPT

Quote from: Veggyhed on December 16, 2021, 02:23:02 AM
I feel like I really missed out on the prices. When I first bought my mini 4 in 2020 it was $1599 now it's $1299.

Until the end of November, you could have bought two of the Minis (either one, mix and match) for $1,150 each with the discounts available at the time.  I paid $1,450 back in March for my Mini ST and it stings a bit, but I certainly don't regret the summer of fun riding!  Now she sits in a very cold garage waiting for warmer weather and the new Bolton 35A controller/display upgrade.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Eric7

The minis are great bikes.  They are so relatively cheap right now.  A mini with an extra official battery is less than some other models.  I would suggest that a mini with an extra battery will outrun any other rad bike. 

You can have double the range of any bike.  Really good hill climbing even with one battery.  And, if you don't care for the extra range, you can use power assist at level 5 for 40-50 miles (2 batteries) outdoing whatever bike with a single battery can do. 

Maybe you can be a little slower in the initial 10 to 20 miles but the speed limit is 20 mph so not much.  After that, the mini with 2 batteries will outrun every one battery bike in Rad's lineup.

JimInPT

Quote from: Eric7 on December 17, 2021, 11:15:14 AMThe minis are great bikes.  They are so relatively cheap right now.  A mini with an extra official battery is less than some other models.  I would suggest that a mini with an extra battery will outrun any other rad bike. 

I still can't figure out why anybody would choose either of the Runners over the Minis, which offer more versatility, folding, more features and a lower price.  I think the Runner Plus is $500 more!  What do you get for all that extra money?  Is that bench seat really that valuable compared to putting a rack and a seatpad on the back of a Mini for the occasional times it would be useful?  And that (horrible, from all reports) stock seat is not easily replaced with a Cloud 9 or other comfortable seat, given the seatpost/rack geometry.

Even the new Runner, which now costs $1,499 ($200 more than either Mini), still has one gear, no real display, no front suspension, same motor and battery capacity and doesn't include the back seat, pegs or grab bars, which cost extra.  If this is the right frame size for you, GET A MINI before they're replaced with a $1,600+ model.

I just don't see it; what am I missing?

Ryan

Has anyone actually received an email from Rad announcing the pricing changes? If so please forward it to me Ryan at ebikeescape . Com

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

JimInPT

Quote from: Ryan on December 17, 2021, 01:47:37 PM
Has anyone actually received an email from Rad announcing the pricing changes? If so please forward it to me Ryan at ebikeescape . Com

Forwarding you the one I got 3 days ago.  New prices not stated, but confirming increases after the 29th of December ("Prices will rise at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on December 29, 2021"); guess that'll be our Christmas present from Rad along with new keylocks that can't cut the power to a parked bike.