News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Better seat for radrunner plus

Started by Lokote, December 08, 2021, 05:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Lokote

So I just got my radrunner plus and notice the front seat is just absolutely horrible it hurts so bad to ride with that seat I find my self shifting back and sit in the passenger seat it much more comfortable.
I wanted to know which seat would be best for me since I like to keep the seat as low as possible I'm a short person and having the seat as low I'm already almost standing on my toes.
I saw ppl recommended the cloud 9 but I don't want those 2 huge springs on the bottom of the seat possibly scratching up the rear seat so which seat would yall recommend and what new post should I get if needed

sc00ter

Wal Mart sells a wide seat without springs. I forgot what brand but I found them on markdown awhile back and bought 5 for a bike rehab I help out. Now back to full price but still worth looking into. They also sell the seat with no nose. I've hazard mixed reviews on those but ANYTHING is better that the stock 'Runner seat!

Ray.Marx.67@gmail.com

Quote from: Lokote on December 08, 2021, 05:23:19 AM
So I just got my radrunner plus and notice the front seat is just absolutely horrible it hurts so bad to ride with that seat I find my self shifting back and sit in the passenger seat it much more comfortable.
I wanted to know which seat would be best for me since I like to keep the seat as low as possible I'm a short person and having the seat as low I'm already almost standing on my toes.
I saw ppl recommended the cloud 9 but I don't want those 2 huge springs on the bottom of the seat possibly scratching up the rear seat so which seat would yall recommend and what new post should I get if needed

You're in the same boat as me, I found on Etsy a guy whom makes the rear seat extended and fits to the front, you can get it custom made too. I'm still on the fence, I got several seats, none really fit with the rear seat on the bike. If you're not worried about it, I also got the Cane Creek LT seatpost, the first time I road it, I fell and broke my hip. (Even using the Schwinn seats, especially the comfort seats, it's too high, adds 3" rise and I really need to find either a straight shaft or lower rising suspension seatpost. Rad would do better to make the front seat over with extra padding and suspension on the seat. Like the ones with the rubber suspension instead of spiral wires and lowered rails. Not sure whom makes it but, I  looking to trying that next.

Kmac66

I bought the comfort saddle from Rad. It's a bit pricey, but I like it way better than the stock seat. It looks good on the bike too. But it requires a different seat post than the stock seat.
My wife, who is 5'6", spent the extra bucks and bought a seat from OC Cafe Racer that is make for the RR. It looks so cool and she loves it.

https://www.occaferacer.com/product-page/extended-seat-for-radrunner

handlebar

Quote from: Lokote on December 08, 2021, 05:23:19 AM

I bought a suspension post and an Accot wide, padded, sprung seat. It was much better than OEM, but far from ideal. I was more concerned with handling. A rider's spine and arms form a sort of tripod. The base of my "tripod" was too short for stability because the seat was too far forward. I remembered how well my Raleigh Sport handled. I bought a layback seat post to get a similar seat-to-steering-head distance. With my weight cantilevered so far behind the seat tube, I had to cut a plywood triangle for support.

The improvement in handling was all I'd hoped. It felt like my Raleigh in two other ways: pedaling efficiency and comfort. With the seat back a few more inches, I didn't have to bend my knees so far in pedaling. That gave me more power and stamina.  As for comfort, moving the seat back made it natural to ride with most of my weight on the pedals, where my legs could absorb bumps. (The Raleigh Roadster was designed for a cop to ride all day on cobblestones or gravel.)