News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

SlipNot Bicycle Traction System now for Rad models - size corrected

Started by Altema, November 30, 2021, 02:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

I've been keeping my eye open for winter traction enhancements, and studded snow tires are not available for 20 x 3.3 tire sizes that Rad uses on some models.
However, I spoke with SlipNot Traction, and they have added this size to their product listing. This size will fit the RadMini, RadMini ST, RadRunner, and Radrunner Plus. They  also appear to have sizes for the Radwagon 4, RadRover, RadCity 5, and RadMission.

The larger sizes have been available before, but this is the first time they have listed the 20 x 3.3 inch size. For those who are not familiar with them, the SlipNot Bicycle Traction System is basically tire chains for bikes, and in the independent reviews I've seen, they are very effective on snow and ice. I'm not affiliated in any way, but and posting this infor because I know others have also been looking for winter traction solutions. Link is below, and I'll do a review once I get mine!

https://www.slipnottraction.com/

Ryan

We have a set for review, just waiting on some snow!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Altema

Quote from: Ryan on November 30, 2021, 03:00:25 PM
We have a set for review, just waiting on some snow!

Excellent! Looking forward to the review... snow permitting ❄️🌨️

Veggyhed

I am also looking forward to the review. Last week I leave my bike at work due to ice on the roads.

lowspark1974

Slipknots ordered for a new Rad Wagon 4!!!  will let you know how it all works in a foot of fresh powder in MT!

Omidia Ramin

Quote from: Altema on November 30, 2021, 02:50:08 PM
I've been keeping my eye open for winter traction enhancements, and studded snow tires are not available for 22 x 3.3 tire sizes that Rad uses on some models.
However, I spoke with SlipNot Traction, and they have added this size to their product listing. This size will fit the RadMini, RadMini ST, RadRunner, and Radrunner Plus. They also have the 22 x 3 in size for the RadWagon 4. They also have sizes for the RadRover, RadCity 5, and RadMission.

Hi, question, i have a rad mini 4, it has 20" tires, i notice you mentioned the 22 inch and rad mini4.  will the 22's also fit on the mini with 20" tires?  or did i order the right one (i've ordered the 20", 3.3, just 5 min ago.)

thanks for any thoughts!!

Altema

Quote from: Omidia Ramin on December 31, 2021, 10:00:43 PM
Quote from: Altema on November 30, 2021, 02:50:08 PM
I've been keeping my eye open for winter traction enhancements, and studded snow tires are not available for 22 x 3.3 tire sizes that Rad uses on some models.
However, I spoke with SlipNot Traction, and they have added this size to their product listing. This size will fit the RadMini, RadMini ST, RadRunner, and Radrunner Plus. They also have the 22 x 3 in size for the RadWagon 4. They also have sizes for the RadRover, RadCity 5, and RadMission.

Hi, question, i have a rad mini 4, it has 20" tires, i notice you mentioned the 22 inch and rad mini4.  will the 22's also fit on the mini with 20" tires?  or did i order the right one (i've ordered the 20", 3.3, just 5 min ago.)

thanks for any thoughts!!

You ordered the correct one. 20 inch is correct, 22 inch was the wrong size. I was going by the diameter by mistake. I'm going to edit my previous post so other's don't get led astray.