News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

chain guard RadWagon 4?

Started by Belgium83, January 21, 2022, 06:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Belgium83

Does anyone know where to find a chain guard for the RadWagon 4? Or how to make it?

Ddaybc

Belgium83,
I can't give you a yes to either of your questions. However I also own a RadWagon4 and have noted the chain will sometimes come off of the front sprocket. It's only happened three times and only while I was pedalling lightly in seventh gear. If that's one of your issues, thus the questions you have, my fix is going to be to install a front derailleur somewhere along the top run of the chain in order to keep it lined up with the front sprocket.
Not sure if this helps you or not but I hope so.

Joel52334

Quote from: Belgium83 on January 21, 2022, 06:43:45 AM
Does anyone know where to find a chain guard for the RadWagon 4? Or how to make it?
3D print one, probably in a couple pieces.  Go to a local body shop, see what they might do.  I've had my RW4 for about 1 year.  Never seen a need.
Do make sure your chain goes THROUGH the kick stand.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.