News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

bike alarm

Started by rama_nichana@yahoo.com, February 09, 2022, 08:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

rama_nichana@yahoo.com

will this really give protection, or just a imaginary comfort

https://amzn.to/3LviUe6

not measured yet, to see if bracket fits on anyplace on radmini ST

JimInPT

I've had one of those on my MiniST for months; it's amazingly good for the price, so I recommend you give it a try.  The remote is a little large, but not too bad.  You can find a few reviews on YouTube.  The motion-sensing works well, but will probably need to have the sensitivity adjusted (which is easy to do) - I've embarrassed myself once or twice by setting it off after forgetting I armed it because it is extremely loud.

As for mounting, I have the rear rack (and small basket) on my Mini, and the alarm is zip-tied underneath the rack just above the rear fender.  Didn't use the bracket, just the slots molded into the alarm's case.  In that location it's almost invisible unless you're looking for it if the rack is black - the basket hides it even more. 

The only downside to this mounting arrangement is that the zipties have to be cut to change the batteries, so I installed high-quality Duracells that should last for years in place of the cheap batteries that were included.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

rama_nichana@yahoo.com

great!! thanks a lot. getting one.

hm! about battery changing, maybe if i bracket it someplace where it fits, easy to change then ? not use zip-ties.

interestingly the bike itself is a grand and half, but slowly all accessories cost is slowly getting to be a bike cost.  :'(

JimInPT

Quote from: rama_nichana@yahoo.com on February 11, 2022, 07:31:02 AMhm! about battery changing, maybe if i bracket it someplace where it fits, easy to change then ? not use zip-ties.

Yes, true; you could use the included bracket and mount where it's easy to access, but I wanted to hide it from potential thieves (I hear they love surprises) and the weather.  Zip ties are cheap and I don't mind changing the batteries every year or two.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

rama_nichana@yahoo.com

thanks a lot. will share once i have it on the bike, on how i did.

Veggyhed

I really think I need to add this alarm to my bikes.
You're absolutely correct about accessories. They add up really quick.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

rama_nichana@yahoo.com

please share your thoughts too once you have it on the bike.

where you installed & e.t.c e.t.c

though affordability is not a question but accessories are adding up .. that brings the question of 'really .. really needed to spend so much" .. but anyways it is once choice and their joy :)