Author Topic: Rad the worst e-bikes on the market  (Read 14929 times)

cal

• View Profile
Re: Rad the worst e-bikes on the market
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 11:13:50 AM »
I've never understood the need to troll. If you don’t like it just sell. Anybody seen a good explanation? I see people post comments they would never say in person sometimes not realizing how something could be taken other times intentionally sarcastic or cruel. To go out of your way like this seems a deeper set problem.

Lazar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »
I completely understand...I have a J-3 Cub...and it cost far more to operate than any of my rubber band powered hand launched gliders. I contacted Piper...they suggested I sell it and buy myself a boxcar load of rubber bands....or focus on apples or oranges.

Hehateme

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 08:30:24 PM »
What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kev12345

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:45 PM »
where can i find a 1991 trek 970? it sounds amazing!

Corbin Wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 04:17:07 PM »
From what I have been reading, the owner of worse eBike (and especially customer service) is Super73. I've not had any issues with our Rads and customer service has been nothing less than excellent. I am sorry OP that you have had such a problem with yours. Maybe the lemon law applies?

dan26ntn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2020, 09:09:06 PM »
I had a bent skewer on the front of my Radrunner due to the truck driver jumping railroad tracks during shipping or they(Fed Ex if I remember correctly) launched it into the truck with a catapult, not quite sure, but Radpower customer service gave me an allowance to go purchase a replacement at a LBS that FAR exceeded the value of the original part . I actually ended up buying a much cheaper replacement than I could have , just because that's how I roll when someone does their best to take care of my problem. I emailed the invoice and had a credit issued to my CC within 3 days. 100% happy with their response time and handling of the warranty. I've not had a single hint of a problem in the 6 months I've had it so far and I ride about 20 miles per day on average.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
800 miles on my Rad. Only issue was a paint chip from the factory, which Rad was very helpful with. Though I maintain it well, I ride it hard, and everything has worked well.

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 11:04:09 AM »
Around 900 miles or 1900 kilometres on my Rad Rhino. Winter, rain, salty sea water, sand, dust. Still rocking and rolling. Yes, needs quite a lot of maintenance. But much much less than our car. And much much more fun than our car. :) I think the Rad quality is same than any other Bafang / Chinese based ebikes with basic components. Ehat makes the Rad bikes better than else is the customer support. I have not needed it myself but all those positive reviewes just cannot be fake.

And this is the road for quiting using cars for even the shortest trips. I sold my car because most the trips I made with it was less than 15 km. Maybe less than 10 miles or so. And in Finland we have these special things called taxes that make owning a csr very expensive... So I have saved alot of money. And nature.

jbfoster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »
Hello Rad community:
A normal bicycle steel frame, for example a Trek 970 from 1991, lasts for 200'000 miles or even more. No issues. Replacing the usual spare parts, that's it. Cost per year USD 200,- max..
I have the Radwagon, 1'000 miles on it and I've had all issues. Motor, controller, cables, throttle, battery would not charge, brakes, hubs (not right sealed), bottom bracket. Almost everything is ready for the trash. Ok, Rad is replacing, but this takes weeks and months and a many e-mails and calls.
The Radwagon is just not a good bike, it is not reliable. Compared to the Trek 970 from 1991 it is nothing. Compared to every other bike that I've had or have it's also nothing.
An e-bike has to last at least 30'000 miles without issues. Even more, if it has to replace a car.
No of the Rad Power Bikes lasts as long as 30'000 miles. What Rad does is very bad. Mostly bad stuff form China, bad quality, bad electronic and mechanical parts, very bad durability. Very, very, very bad for the environment! Time consuming for the customers and Rad people. And like this, Rad does not even make good money, if most of the customers have to contact their customer service and get new replacement parts.
With only a little more money they could build bikes like the Trek 970 from 1991. China can also produce good quality that lasts for a long time.
All this is very sad for the good geometries of the Rad bikes.
Shame on Rad! Only seeing money without having satisfied customers won't be working in the short or long run. Nobody would buy cars as bad as Rad Power Bikes.

For people like you it's called Karma...

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2020, 07:18:35 PM »