News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

You might need one of these soon!!

Started by SemperVee, November 18, 2021, 12:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SemperVee

If you do your own installation and  maintenance you will prolly want one of these sooner or later.  The Mini Beast is up and held in new amazon repair stand!  Tired of bending over for maintenance with 4 bikes to service.  Holding bike w/o battery.  Need a lot of strength to hold up with 1 arm while clamping with other hand if alone.  Had my features wanted and meet requirements able to hold rated 66 lbs.

JimInPT

My MiniST is about 80 lbs with accessories and without battery - how does this stand feel with your bike - is it feeling close to its limit, or tippy at all?

Can you provide a link to the product over at Amazon?

Thanks!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

SemperVee

Quote from: JimInPT on November 18, 2021, 01:08:09 PM
My MiniST is about 80 lbs with accessories and without battery - how does this stand feel with your bike - is it feeling close to its limit, or tippy at all?

Can you provide a link to the product over at Amazon?

Thanks!

Not tippy at all - better than I had expected for since it was one of the most inexpensive work stands I saw while shopping over over the last few months thinking about it. The red one was $10 cheaper than blue so who cares what color it is? -
  Here ya go - https://amzn.to/3nDTXmJ

JimInPT

Quote from: SemperVee on November 18, 2021, 01:48:06 PMNot tippy at all - better than I had expected for since it was one of the most inexpensive work stands I saw while shopping over over the last few months thinking about it.

Thanks for the link; that seems like a much better deal than the Park and other higher-end products, for an occasional user like me.  Might come in very handy for my expected controller/display upgrade in Q122 when Bolton ships 'em, and for occasional repairs.  I've told the Camels to price-watch it for me to maybe snag a better price between now and then.

Cheers!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

SemperVee

Hi Jim,

When the warranty is over I plan the same  upgrade path you with our RADs!!   

George3

I find it much easier to just flip the bike over supported by a pair of handle bar supports/lifts. Its a very simple, easy and secure way for me and I do all my maintenance.

SemperVee

Quote from: George3 on November 21, 2021, 05:13:30 PM
I find it much easier to just flip the bike over supported by a pair of handle bar supports/lifts. Its a very simple, easy and secure way for me and I do all my maintenance.

Yes, that is one way to do it unless you are working on something on the top side.    To me this is a way more elegant way to do it but certainly your way does work.