News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Broken Spokes

Started by peterpan53, November 12, 2021, 08:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

peterpan53

A tip for Radwagon version 3 (26 inch tires). Please retighten all spokes after one year. For me after 2.5 years with the rear wheel: one spoke is missing completely, the other was still attached to the engine. Since there are large luggage bags hanging on both sides, this was stupidly overlooked. Driving got rocky. Replacement is available on Ebay. There are providers here who offer the length of 165 mm. It costs 36 pieces under 19 euros without tax (as of 2021).
The thread of the spoke has a length of 10mm. For better assembly, the thread can be shortened with a hacksaw. First screw on a threaded nut so that the thread with the nut is formed again after sawing.
Important - this length is only valid for version 3. The wheel of version 4 is smaller, please make sure that the length is correct.

(The text was translated with Google Translator)

jeff262

This has been an ongoing issue of mine since the purchase of my 3rd Gen.  Seems they have settled in now but I do keep a check on them.  The first few months was bad.  I have a spoke tension meter so just keep a check on them, usually when I have to adjust brakes.