News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bolton controller enclosure?

Started by Kkameny, November 07, 2021, 07:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kkameny

Hi. I just picked up my new Radrover 5. I've been researching the mods I can do to it and was looking for an enclosure that will fit the Bolton controller and mount to the original location. I found one that may work, but wanted to see what others have done. Thanks in advance.

crorris

I've been looking for one as well. I got one from Amazon that it would fit inside, but it wouldn't fit in the original location on my Rad Rover 5, so I returned it. If you find one that works, please let us know where to find it.

JimInPT

I have that 35A controller mod on order for the January shipments, so no experience with it yet, but one thing I'm thinking about is how warm it gets when that much power is used.  If it gets significantly warm, that heat needs to go somewhere and I wouldn't want to confine it into an enclosure to just make all the components hot.

If it's an issue of weatherproofing, maybe a coating of outdoor silicone sealant applies to all the seams and wire passthroughs would do the trick.  Altema and others who've fiddled with this controller extensively could probably provide some insights.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.