News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RAD ROVER6+ has no key lock out?

Started by DaveNancy, October 25, 2021, 05:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Tree

Quote from: HokieInIdaho on March 08, 2022, 10:52:48 AM
No, insurance isn't going to cover that I don't believe - good luck with that!

So, it's official. If you have a RR6+ or a RC5+, you want to use it to shop, dine, etc. AND you don't want people tampering with your bike, then you must remove and CARRY the battery with you. But don't worry, they've made the battery lighter and slimmer for this! (Don't ask why there's a keylock on the battery if you can't leave your battery in the bike unattended). Seems obvious it was an assumed miss they've accepted.

Our suggestion for this issue is to turn the battery off and remove it from your bike to carry with you.

We made the battery slimmer and lighter compared to our previous model to make carrying and storing the battery easier for our customers!

the battery isn't why people tamper with your bike. most folks aren't knowledgeable enough to know the difference of whether or not you've removed your battery. they may tamper with it regardless.

sure, a way to lock the battery in would have been nice, but when i bought it, i knew this wasn't a feature, and accepted i may very well have to toss my battery in my backpack. small price to pay for an awesome bike.

Wayne

Can anyone think of a cover that we can place over the on/off button screen that a not so big lock can be used to lock this cover? No sense dwelling on the problem, maybe Rad Power Bikes should work on this
as it appears to create a lot of customer dissatifaction

Tree

Quote from: Wayne on June 01, 2022, 02:27:57 PM
Can anyone think of a cover that we can place over the on/off button screen that a not so big lock can be used to lock this cover? No sense dwelling on the problem, maybe Rad Power Bikes should work on this
as it appears to create a lot of customer dissatifaction

i recently bought this - https://amzn.to/3Mk7fy4

i suppose you could buy a standard padlock to put over it, but i feel the cover may be enough.

Eric7

I don't have this bike.  Assuming you have easy access to the connector, you can loosen the connection to the controller, you would probably get an Error 30 or Error 25.  Don't do it too much or you might wear out the connector.