News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rover5 won’t power up after charging

Started by mbates50, October 04, 2021, 05:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

mbates50

Anyone else have this issue?
After a full charge, it won't power up unless I put the charger back on. It then powers up and each time after that until the next charge and I have to repeat the process. Rad stuck it to me as I added an aftermarket controller. Battery is 8 months old. BTW, my wife's battery on my bike does NOT have the same issue, so it's got to be my battery?
Any ideas? I'd buy another battery but like most Rad items, they are outta stock!

Wkndwaryrs

Yes, I too am having the same problem. Told Rad I thought it was the battery. Instead they've sent me a new controller, display, & harness, so far.  Glad I say your post, cause it wouldn't power up right after a charge, until I plugged the charger back and then it powered up. I am going to try to get Rad to replace the battery this time.

DickB

I don't have an answer, but I'd be interested in trying to chase down root cause. Let me know if you'd be willing to send a bad battery to me to examine.

mbates50

Quote from: DickB on October 30, 2021, 06:43:35 AM
I don't have an answer, but I'd be interested in trying to chase down root cause. Let me know if you'd be willing to send a bad battery to me to examine.

Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I posted this. Rad denied my claim cause I had the Bolton controller. Anyhow, I can charge the battery OFF the bike w/o is occurring!! So, maybe the controller has something to do with it?

santacruzpaul

Quote from: mbates50 on January 31, 2022, 12:31:18 PM
Quote from: DickB on October 30, 2021, 06:43:35 AM

Sorry for the late reply. Forgot I posted this. Rad denied my claim cause I had the Bolton controller. Anyhow, I can charge the battery OFF the bike w/o is occurring!! So, maybe the controller has something to do with it?

Call Area 13 (formerly Bolton Bikes) and ask them, They have had good customer service in the past.