News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Home Made Bike Stand

Started by SemperVee, October 02, 2021, 08:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SemperVee

Being a crafty practical type I cobbled together an easy wooden stand from ideas someone else started to see if it works prior to sending off for a store bought maint stand.  A piece of 4x4 and  some 2x4 would suffice with a  few hooks and long wood screws . This is not pretty but could work for those that need to get the wheel off the ground for derailleur, spoke, wheel, adjusting and chain cleaning. I hold it in place much the same way I strapped motorcycles in the bed of pickups and trailers. Maybe it will help someone... :^) We have 5 bikes and the ebikes weigh the most and hardest to deal with. Ugh.

natchezz

Nice idea! Could you show a picture what is causing the rear wheel to be raised? I'm suspecting a piece of wood under the center, but can't see it touching the bike. Thanks!

SemperVee

There is a small bracket attached to the Mini's that you cannot see as it is obscured by the crank arm.  It holds the mini's up when folded  keeping it balanced an the chain ring from resting on the ground.    :)