Author Topic: LCD Display Upgrade for Rad Mission 1  (Read 3627 times)

GeoInSurrey

• View Profile
LCD Display Upgrade for Rad Mission 1
« on: April 21, 2022, 10:04:49 AM »
Anyone know what the difference between the LCD Display Upgrade for sale on the Canadian website and the one for sale on the US website?

The Cdn site is out of stock and the US has stock so if the unit system is the only difference  (US and Metric) then I would buy the US display.

NaturallyRC

Re: LCD Display Upgrade for Rad Mission 1
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 10:08:09 AM »
Have you confirmed that the US site will ship to you? I tried to order a RAD rack from the US and was politely informed that it's always a big no to Canadian customers, like me (which, honestly, I get).

Anyone know what the difference between the LCD Display Upgrade for sale on the Canadian website and the one for sale on the US website?

The Cdn site is out of stock and the US has stock so if the unit system is the only difference  (US and Metric) then I would buy the US display.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:11:43 AM by NaturallyBikes »

GeoInSurrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 11:33:17 AM »
I'm close to the US border so I can, hopefully, have it shipped to a forwarder at the US border for me to pickup.

Regarding the US and Metric readings I found a video that states that the display can cycle US and Metric  readings.

https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000956034-LCD-Display-Features-and-Operation

NaturallyRC

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 01:57:47 PM »
Sweet. "No, officer, I have nothing to declare." ;-0

I'm close to the US border so I can, hopefully, have it shipped to a forwarder at the US border for me to pickup.

Regarding the US and Metric readings I found a video that states that the display can cycle US and Metric  readings.

https://radpowerbikes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000956034-LCD-Display-Features-and-Operation

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 07:19:52 PM »

I got a $2,300 kayak down across the Canadian border duty-free even easier. 

"Do you have anything to declare?"

"Well, we have a couple of carvings here and....."

"That's fine, you're good."

"Ok, thanks!"

He never looked up to check the 19-foot-long shiny red and white kayak on the roof rack and I'm glad I didn't rush to finish my sentence.    8)
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

NaturallyRC

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 09:11:23 AM »
Love it. Touch wood, but I have never once encountered a Canada Customs officer who was a dick. They're just like the rest of us.

I got a $2,300 kayak down across the Canadian border duty-free even easier. 

"Do you have anything to declare?"

"Well, we have a couple of carvings here and....."

"That's fine, you're good."

"Ok, thanks!"

He never looked up to check the 19-foot-long shiny red and white kayak on the roof rack and I'm glad I didn't rush to finish my sentence.    8)

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 09:45:09 AM »
Love it. Touch wood, but I have never once encountered a Canada Customs officer who was a dick. They're just like the rest of us.

Perhaps so, but that time was US Customs, returning home.  On a different trip up to Canada, the Canada Customs officers did happen to be dicks, taking almost an hour disassembling the back end of my SUV and finally satisfying their "needs" by slapping me with a $50 cash-grab on two bottles of wine, then leaving me with another half-hour of work repacking everything.  "Welcome to Canada"  I remember that ever since, when considering another trip up.  Maybe I'll go again someday.  Maybe not.  It's already been quite a few years.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 12:30:56 PM by JimInPT »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

NaturallyRC

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 04:23:12 AM »
My mistake. I confused you with Geo, a fellow Canuck. Customs has always gone super easy on me returning home from the States. Less so, it would appear, for foreigners (episodes of that border show on tv bear this out. LOL).

Perhaps so, but that time was US Customs, returning home. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 04:26:11 AM by NaturallyBikes »

Motordoper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »
I ride a lot off road,  ;) ...can I program the optional Radmission LCD to set my max assisted speed to 25 mph or more from 20 mph (speed on my bike is limited to 20 mph comes vandalized from the factory by the looks of things).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 06:57:37 PM by Motordoper »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »