News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bolton 35 amp controller on a 6 plus?

Started by 100%Cal, September 23, 2021, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

100%Cal

Newbie here. I just purchased a 6 plus and have 60+ miles on it. Has anyone put the Bolton 35 amp controller on their 6plus? I emailed Bolton and the said they have gotten reports that it works on a 6plus but they have not tried it themselves! I need more speed. My buddy bought a Aventon with the 20 amp hour battery and he pulled way ahead of me in the flats and slight inclines. I may have to sell this thing and get a Radrover 5 Lol

100%Cal

Update: I was able to talk to Joey at Bolton and he's going to do some research and find out more info if their 35 amp controller will work on the 6plus "plug and play". Hopefully someone on here has done the mod and will chime in!

Mori55

I doubt if anyone has done it since the bikes are just starting to ship.

100%Cal

Quote from: Mori55 on September 23, 2021, 11:01:26 AM
I doubt if anyone has done it since the bikes are just starting to ship.

I just spoke to a rep at Bolton this morning and I was told that:
Jessica (info@boltonebikes.com)
To:you Details
Hi Cal

Thanks for reaching out! We haven't tested it on the Rad 6 - but we have had customers who have and they say it works.

RadPower Upgrade Kit (JANUARY 2022 SHIPPING PREORDER)

--

Thank you!
Jessica
Bolton Ebikes

100%Cal

I got another email from Bolton regarding their 35amp controller on a 6plus. As it turns out Jessica was mistaken. It won't work on a 6 plus! Meanwhile Ryan on this forum discovered how to increase the speed on the 6plus and it turns out that's all I needed to make me happy!
Hi Calvin,
"My sincerest apologies. I was under the impression that the kit does work on the 6. It actually has a different electrical system and the controller is mounted internally. I got the Rad 5 confused and for that I am very sorry.
Thank you!"
Jessica
Bolton Ebikes

Ryan's Youtube video!

https://youtu.be/0z6VF2LzUD8

pcardin2000

Any of you guys have RadRhino 6 Plus to test if Ryan's speed and power increasing method worked on it?

chris1683

Has anyone been able to see the controller on the RR6?  I know the RR5 controllers all have the amp rating on the back so it would be a good indicator of how much of a boost you could expect if the 35A controller is ever able to fit.

mbates50

You all should have spent more money on  a Bolton ebike to keep you from running around like this