News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Plus Models speed unlock

Started by Ryan, September 22, 2021, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

Quote from: Ddaybc on April 06, 2022, 08:21:32 AM
Quote from: Ryan on April 05, 2022, 06:08:20 PM
Hi all, I had to take the video down. The information is out there but unfortunately I can't share it.

You HAD to take the video down? Why? Since when are we not allowed to share ideas, thoughts and/or methods to do stuff? Especially with our own stuff?

Exactly what I'm wondering.  I bet Ryan was pressured by Rad with an implied or explicit threat of no more bikes to review in the future; can't really fault him for that.  So, now we apply a little bit of research and republishing if the information is needed.

A verbal description should be sufficient if another video isn't made by somebody.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Ddaybc

I wrote the instructions down to increase the speed of Rad Power Bikes as the displays shown were identical to what my RW4 has. Naturally this won't work for a different type of display such as the ones used for the newest versions of bikes.

I wrote:
Press and hold top two buttons (PAS up and mode)
Wheel size flashes
Press mode button once
Top speed flashes
Press top button repeatedly until 40 flashes (I'm in Canada so it's in Kmph)
Press and hold mode button to save

:)

moemulroy

Thanks Ryan,
US RR 6 Plus
   Even though I only boosted the speed by a few MPH it feel as if I am free wheeling or coasting better rather than pedaling hard against the limiter.
Noticed a difference!!!

Radio Runner

Well there are adds for Rad bikes on the site soooooooooo.....

;)

mtveise

I recently bought a Rad Expand 5 (two weeks ago). Looks like with the newer models now they made it so the old hacks no longer work to remove the speed limit. Wondering if anyone has figured out a new way to remove it that doesn't involve rewiring or buying a new controller?

ericwn

Quote from: Ryan on April 05, 2022, 06:08:20 PM
Hi all, I had to take the video down. The information is out there but unfortunately I can't share it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
That's an interesting positioning. I and I'm sure plenty others would appreciate your independence and freedom of speech rather than adherence to what Rad marketing wants to hear. If I want non-reviews of their products I already can avail of EBR and Electrec who evade or downplay any criticism on any ebike they review.