News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Plus Models speed unlock

Started by Ryan, September 22, 2021, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

Quote from: Packrat1 on October 27, 2021, 09:45:14 PM
I wonder if the speed increases 20% (from 20 to 25mph) does your range or battery life drop proportionally too?

Both should decrease a little bit, but only because of wind resistance or other efficiency decreases at higher speeds.  Your battery will drain faster at higher speeds, but you'll get there faster too and total range shouldn't be affected much.  Total battery power capacity in amp-hours (which is the primary determinant of range) doesn't change.

Aside from safety issues (being able to control the bike at higher speeds), I don't see any downside to unlocking a higher top speed.  You don't have to use it often, or at all, but it'll be nice to have available.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

MatthewK

Received my RadCity 5 + yesterday and can confirm the speed unlock does indeed work, thanks for the tip!

Matthew

Ryan

Can someone report on what's possible on the EU plus models? It doesn't sound like you can change the wattage from what I've heard. Thanks!

PaulB

I have the EU Rad Rhino 6 Plus (EU Rover version, 250 watts) & I have been playing around with the speed settings that you demonstrated in the video. I can confirm that the Rhino will let you set the maximum speed to 32 kph (it arrived set at 27kph) using your method.
BUT I don't seem to be able to adjust the wattage in the way that you did, nothing happens basically.
I guess the motor is only 250 watts and not a restricted 500w or 750w.
Adjusting lower than 250 watts would hamper a bike of this weight, I would say that 250watts is already underpowering it on steep hills, emphasis on steep (45 degrees plus).
In every other respect a great bike, I would just like a little more grunt when I needed it on a steep hill.

Gecko

My RadRover 6+ will not allow a change in speed, just flashes "1d" and goes back to the previous screen.  When did they stop allowing the software change?

SIVA

I too tried it on the RR 6+ and it wont work. asking for ID. May be rad has blocked this option.

Ryan

When I personally experienced the 1d error it was because I was not already in the settings menu. You must first hold the DOWN pedal assist button on the left and the LIGHT button at the same time on the left LCD display. Hold for approximately 5 seconds. Then hold all 3 buttons: Hold the pedal assist UP and DOWN button and the LIGHT button at the same time (hold for about 10 seconds).

Maybe someone who had previously seen the 1d error can confirm it now works.

sj22

Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2022, 12:04:02 PM
When I personally experienced the 1d error it was because I was not already in the settings menu. You must first hold the DOWN pedal assist button on the left and the LIGHT button at the same time on the left LCD display. Hold for approximately 5 seconds. Then hold all 3 buttons: Hold the pedal assist UP and DOWN button and the LIGHT button at the same time (hold for about 10 seconds).

Yes, 1d comes when not already in settings.

Any idea if the eggrider or another upgrade for more torque are working on RR 6+? I have the canadian 500w version and need a little extra power as I live on a hill and carry kids.

Posio3

Still don't see any instructions on how to increase speed from 20mph to at least 26, thereby king this a class 3 bike. I purchased the RadRoverr 5 for my wife last month ( I have an Aventon Aventure) because it is the perfect bike for her style. Fat tire with a very smooth and comfortable ride. Unfortunately, I keep pulling ahead of her when I enter PA 4.
Help!

FLARAD6

Quote from: sj22 on January 28, 2022, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: Ryan on January 15, 2022, 12:04:02 PM

Yes, 1d comes when not already in settings.

Any idea if the eggrider or another upgrade for more torque are working on RR 6+? I have the canadian 500w version and need a little extra power as I live on a hill and carry kids.
This worked for me...thanks!

Jh

I haven't been able to get the video to play, any chance you can repost it?

Bikerhannes

I can't get the rad rover 6 plus speed hack video to play,it says private.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Dan Elliott

I can't watch the video either. Any way to make it not private?

Ryan

Hi all, I had to take the video down. The information is out there but unfortunately I can't share it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ddaybc

Quote from: Ryan on April 05, 2022, 06:08:20 PM
Hi all, I had to take the video down. The information is out there but unfortunately I can't share it.

You HAD to take the video down? Why? Since when are we not allowed to share ideas, thoughts and/or methods to do stuff? Especially with our own stuff?