Author Topic: Bike covers for travel  (Read 6286 times)

mamedy01

• View Profile
Bike covers for travel
« on: January 02, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
Good evening to all. Hope everyone had a safe New Year
I was wondering what any one might be using as a travel cover for their bikes. We have two Rad City bikes we will be attaching to a Hollywood rack on the back of a motorhome. We would like to cover them from the weather and prying eyes. We have looked at a couple although nothing purchased yet.  We have also looked at sizing, according to manufacturers and customer ratings.  There seems to be a toss up between XL and XXL although XL seems to be more prevalent.
Any feedback would be welcome
Thanks

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bike covers for travel
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 07:56:51 PM »
I don't have experience myself with this ebike cover but I've seen a few folks opt for the Pro Bike Cover. I'd go for the XXL, not sure if it will come up a bit short height wise but there are free returns if you have Prime: https://amzn.to/2sFNP3G

Hope this helps and maybe someone else has experience.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:00:38 PM by Ryan »

RadBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:28:52 AM »
I’d also be interested in what you end up purchasing. Please share when you decide!

rheine3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
There is a lot of competition in the motorcycle cover market. I think they tend to be a little heavier as well.

rheine3

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 01:09:36 PM »
This is a Walmart motorcycle cover I just received. Fits the whole wagon and snaps underneath. $22 delivered.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 08:31:45 AM by Ryan »

mamedy01

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »
Sorry for the late reply to a couple people. I went with the Pro Bike Tool xxl. It covers both bikes while on the bike rack.  I am not sure the xl would have been big enough. It is mostly designed for both bikes to be facing in the same direction, although it covers them when facing opposite on the rack. I don’t need a cover for storage as the bikes are in the garage
Mark

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 01:27:59 PM »