News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Waterproof controller and display?

Started by crorris, October 22, 2021, 10:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

crorris

I have the Bolton 35A controller and the KT-LCD8H color display on my RadRover 5. Does anyone know how waterproof these two things are? Can I ride in the rain with them, or do I need to do something special to protect them? Does anyone have any ideas, products, or things they have done for extra protection in the rain?

Altema

Quote from: crorris on October 22, 2021, 10:45:35 AM
I have the Bolton 35A controller and the KT-LCD8H color display on my RadRover 5. Does anyone know how waterproof these two things are? Can I ride in the rain with them, or do I need to do something special to protect them? Does anyone have any ideas, products, or things they have done for extra protection in the rain?

The controller is well protected against water, though I don't know the exact IP rating. I used one for several hundred miles in muddy conditions, and frequently washed it off with a sprayer on the garden hose. I have the monochrome version of the display, so it's a bit different, but it had no issues with being used in the rain. Just make sure the USB rubber cap is in place.

crorris