News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

2020 Rad Power Bikes Models

Started by Ryan, December 15, 2019, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

I am guessing the new models will be announced early 2020. I was perusing the website today and saw that the 2019 RadRovers are sold out and have a "Stay Tuned" picture. On the RadMini it states "Inventory on this model is low. Once the 2019 RadMini is gone, it's gone for good! Buy now!".

If I see anything else I'll post it here! I'm excited to see what is in store.

Ryan

Here we go! Rad has announced changes for 2020. Would be curious what everyone thinks : https://bit.ly/2Yw5BnA

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Robert C. Albert

What is different with the new 2020 "streamlined throttle" ?  Any pictures yet ?   

Ryan

Quote from: Robert C. Albert on December 23, 2019, 10:57:51 AM
What is different with the new 2020 "streamlined throttle" ?  Any pictures yet ?
Can't tell yet from the pictures they posted. I really like the addition of the step through Rover and that they are including fenders with the Rover and Mini. I'll be curious what the mounts for the wheel lock are like for the City. This could be a great security feature for those in theft prone cities.

Basically Rad continues to focus on more accessible bikes and reducing the overall cost by offering free fenders.

Ryan

I got an answer today, they got rid of the on/off button. Interesting...

Ryan

Here are a couple of other things I got answered regarding the 2020 Rad Power Bikes models:

The RadMini tires are now the same that are on our RadRunner model. They are slightly smaller (now 20" x 3.3" compared to the previous 20" x 4"), but still with a high load rating and puncture resistant liners. 

The handlebars (various models) create a more comfortable riding position. 

Anyone pre-order the new RadRover Step-Thru? I'm hoping to get one to review at some point.

RadBiker

What would be the benefit of getting rid of the on/off button? I rarely use the throttle and keep it off most of the time. I like that I won't accidentally activate it.

Quote from: Ryan on January 03, 2020, 07:30:18 PM

Quote from: Ryan on January 04, 2020, 12:44:40 PM
Here are a couple of other things I got answered regarding the 2020 Rad Power Bikes models:

The RadMini tires are now the same that are on our RadRunner model. They are slightly smaller (now 20" x 3.3" compared to the previous 20" x 4"), but still with a high load rating and puncture resistant liners.

Anyone pre-order the new RadRover Step-Thru? I'm hoping to get one to review at some point.

Ryan

This is just a guess but perhaps knowing it is always live might create less accidents. Usually I would tell those testing out my bike to not even worry about the throttle but there isn't any sort of feedback to the user whether it is on or off. Now you can just say, "Whatever you do, don't touch the throttle"  :). That and it makes the bike more simple, perhaps they were having issues. I'm personally fine with the change.

Quote from: RadBiker on January 05, 2020, 08:26:16 PM
What would be the benefit of getting rid of the on/off button? I rarely use the throttle and keep it off most of the time. I like that I won't accidentally activate it.

Quote from: Ryan on January 03, 2020, 07:30:18 PM

Quote from: Ryan on January 04, 2020, 12:44:40 PM