Author Topic: CNY  (Read 2236 times)

moparherb

• View Profile
CNY
« on: September 07, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »
Anyone in Central New York have a Rad Power Bike and has found some nice riding areas?  I live near Phoenix, NY and I’m looking for good riding areas. I don’t do off road stuff……

WagsideHouse

• View Profile
Re: CNY
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 05:18:33 AM »
I'm in Syracuse! :) Have you tried the new Empire bike trail yet?

Jen

moparherb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 05:30:34 AM »
Waysidehouse: No I have not. I just got my ebike a week or so ago and I’m having a ball riding on the country roads around my house. Where is this Empire Trail? Is there a place to park and unload? Any advise is appreciated…..

WagsideHouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 09:36:37 AM »
It's fabulous! If you head to the West Shore Trail parking lot at Onondaga Lake Park, you can park, unload bike, and ride down the West Shore Trail. After a few miles of the WST, the trail  becomes the Empire State Trail after leaving the park, and follows 690 along the lake ---winds around the new Amphitheater---a huge bike bridge over the railroad brings you out at Destiny USA. You can get into a bike lane, ride about 30 feet along Hiawatha Blvd, and then turn onto Creekwalk Bike Trail that will take you from Destiny down to the Inner Harbor, through Downtown, and all the way to the south side of the city. It's about 25 miles round trip, from the West Shore Trail parking lot all the way to Kirk Park on the south side of the city and then back, super fun.

The East Shore Trail at Onondaga Lake Park is much wider for bikes, several miles long.

I also love biking the Erie Canal trailway. I've done Syracuse to Chittenango on my Rad, and want to pick up in Camillus and head to Weedsport/Port Byron next.

I've also went down Ithaca way and biked the Dryden-Freeville Rail Trail with my Rad.

There are also many dirt roads in the State Forests around here... Heiberg (part of ESF's Tully Campus), Morgan Hill State Forest, Winona State Forest, Bear Swamp State Forest. Haven't tried them yet, but they are next on my list, before hunting season really gets started. :) I'd stay off the hiking trails of course, but the dirt roads through the reserves are fair game, lol.

Up your way, you may want to also try Fair Haven State Park and Selkirk Shores State Park.

Jen

a slow hippie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 02:24:46 AM »
Have either of you tired the abandoned rail trail between Cato and Fair Haven?

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 02:24:46 AM »