News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Code 30 on Radrover 5

Started by dmaloney52, May 05, 2022, 09:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

dmaloney52

First time posting, so thanks for the acceptance.  I have a 2017 Radrover with a weird problem. The problem is sporadic.  I can be riding for an hour (More or less), then all of a sudden I feel the bike shutting down.  I look at the display and it shows ERROR CODE 30.  I turn the bike back on, sometimes it powers up for 15-30 seconds, then shuts down again.  When the display shuts down, I still have power for a short period of time, then shuts down completely.  I have communicated with Rad and went through the ERROR CODE 30 procedure, cleaned all the connections and terminals, but it still happens.  I am leaning to the controller and I asked how much and can't get an answer from Rad.  TIA

Radding Along

Error 30 is an abnormal communication that could be caused by a number of things. Unplug the throttle to see if that fixes it. If not, then unplug each brake wire. Then try the PAS sensor. Unplug motor and display to be sure the connections are seated. While apart inspect the pins to be sure they are straight.

Ultimately Rad suggests replacing the controller and wiring harness first, then the display. But they also warn that the new controller could become corrupted by whatever the original issue was. So it may be prudent to replace controller, wiring and display all at once.

Confused? Understandable. Error 30 could be caused by so many things.

jbfoster

Quote from: dmaloney52 on May 05, 2022, 09:40:04 AM
First time posting, so thanks for the acceptance.  I have a 2017 Radrover with a weird problem. The problem is sporadic.  I can be riding for an hour (More or less), then all of a sudden I feel the bike shutting down.  I look at the display and it shows ERROR CODE 30.  I turn the bike back on, sometimes it powers up for 15-30 seconds, then shuts down again.  When the display shuts down, I still have power for a short period of time, then shuts down completely.  I have communicated with Rad and went through the ERROR CODE 30 procedure, cleaned all the connections and terminals, but it still happens.  I am leaning to the controller and I asked how much and can't get an answer from Rad.  TIA

I got the same experience from RAD. I emailed asking if they still sell a controller and rear brake light for a Radrover 5 and RAD did not answer. They answered my other questions but would not answer for the controller. Mine is out of warranty.

Jim