News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Front child seat for Radwagon 4

Started by raddpak, September 30, 2021, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

raddpak

Hello Radwagon Owners,

My Radwagon 4 just shipped, and am already excited.

Trying to figure out a solution for Radwagon to handle 3 kids: 2 on back and 1 on front.

Option 1:  Child seat ( like Thule yeppe max) and Kid seat (deck pad), with front mount child seat for a 6 yr old.
Option 2:  Kids seat for 6yr old, 9yr old on back and Front child seat for 2 yr old.

For both options, am finding it hard to find the front seat solution ( Child seat or Kids seat)

If any of you solved this problem, please share your inputs.

:)

Joel52334

Put one on a rack-mounted seat, two in a trailer?  I'm past toddlers, but that's an easy solution.  I'd not like the extra weight on the front.  As it may cause instability!
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

raddpak

Quote from: Joel52334 on September 30, 2021, 04:52:41 PM
Put one on a rack-mounted seat, two in a trailer?  I'm past toddlers, but that's an easy solution.  I'd not like the extra weight on the front.  As it may cause instability!

Thats a good idea.

Any specific trailer that's suited for Radwagon 4?

MN_Drew

We use a Burley trailer with our RW4. Any of their trailer options should be compatible, but not all of the hitch/mount options will work. This is the hitch design we have: https://amzn.to/3vMkyR8 . It's very quick to attach and detach and has no interferences with anything on the RW, including with the running boards installed! The way we have ours set up, we need to fold in the baskets that we have on the back part of our rack in order to attach and detach the trailer from the hitch, but once it is on, the baskets can be folded out and loaded up just fine. If you have panniers or side baskets you will probably have a similar experience.