News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Track your RAD if its stolen?

Started by RJ in Tucson, May 21, 2021, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Joel52334

Oh yea, it happened to me this week.  My RW4 is missing. I got a ping from my Tile Button, not another one.  I have Velosurance with FULL Coverage.  These (put your own descriptive here) went into a secure room (with a keypad) and cut a padlock.  It is staying in my apartment from now on.  Once I get it back, or a new one.

I posted it on bikeindex.org, electricbikereview.com/forums/, here.  I also reported it stolen to Rad, they keep an index too. If you have any other sites, please let me know!

I had my local PD come out. I know of only 1 other ORANGE RPW4 in my city of ~80k.  This happened at 2030 1st Ave, NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.  Please pass the word, if you know anyone in CR.  It is decked out with every ORANGE accessory Rad has.  Peddles, Grips, Saddlebags, the large platform on the back, large basket on the front. 

TY for listening!   JLH
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.

JimInPT

Oh man, that sucks.  On the plus side, unless the thief did a lot of planning, that's about the most-conspicuous bike possible to steal, so hope it's spotted soon!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

rheine3

I have Airtags on both bikes. camper , tractor, and three cars. Pack them in cotton. I use a Tile to occasionally find my phone around the house or shop.  Find My on the computer does not include Airtags that I am aware of and there is no family sharing.

Ddaybc

Joel52334, that really sucks your bike was stolen out of a secure room. Have you heard anything back from the police, bikeindex.org etc? A few years ago we (holiday type of condo set up so multiple people) had several bikes stolen from the secure bike room situated in the secure parking basement. It really F*****g sucked! Especially considering two of the bikes stolen were downhill type of bikes valued at over $15,000.00 each.

Since I bought my RW4 I registered it on bikeindex.org too. However, I've recently seen something called Garage 529. It's too difficult to explain who developed it and how/why it works but they've been using it in Vancouver BC and, according to the web site it has allowed Vancouver to reduce bike theft by just over 40% last year.

I liked what I saw on the web article so I'm using it along with bikeindex.org.

Ddaybc

Actually it's called Project 529 but the App on my phone shows Garage 529.

JedidiahStolzfus

There was a deal on the Trak-4 GPS device the other day on Amazon, device for under $20.  Subscription that I'm using is $120/month, that's with 10 minute updates.
I 3d printed a bracket so it mounts to the basket.

It's printed in ABS that was smoothed in an acetone chamber and then mounted with M3 bolts and captive nuts.  It works well.  I got it not just because of theft, but also because my wife worries terribly that something will happen and she won't know where I am.  Now she can jump on her PC or phone and find my location.