News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

USB charger not working

Started by wagon4owner, August 25, 2021, 02:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

wagon4owner

The USB charging port on my LCD display is not working on my RW4. It has not been working for me since Day1. Anyone else has this issue? Any simple fix to it or contacting Rad is the only option?

Thanks!

Widgets

On my RCST3 I have to plugin and turn on the USB device before I turn on the bike. If I try to connect after I turn on the bike there is no power to the USB.

You may have a different setup, but it is worth a shot.

DickB

Quote from: Widgets on August 25, 2021, 05:04:39 PM
On my RCST3 I have to plugin and turn on the USB device before I turn on the bike. If I try to connect after I turn on the bike there is no power to the USB.

You may have a different setup, but it is worth a shot.
That is the procedure as described in my Owner's Manual.

wagon4owner

Wow! thanks a lot guys.. This worked for me. Kind of strange that you have to connect the device before turning ON the bike for the USB port to work. But anyhow, I should have RTFM before posting here. Lesson learnt.

DickB

Another quirk is that if your USB device is drawing power like my GPS does, the USB charge port stays active even after the Rad display shuts off. You have to turn the key off to shut off USB charge port power.