News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Battery upgrade for the RadMini 4?

Started by cmalberto, August 21, 2021, 02:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

cmalberto

So I ended up getting a 25watt controller and installed last week. As I expected, my battery life decreased some. Curious if anyone here has done this and have also upgraded the battery. I am not sure if I want to stay with the 48v or increase to 52v but what I am sure of is that I would like to hone in on a 17aH battery for the longevity of rides. On the fence whether I would replace the existing battery or get an add-on too for like the bike rack. My research so far is making me look for one with a XT90 connector as I can find a Rad to XT90 conversion cable to basically make it plug and play - anyone have thoughts on doing this or advice as to what to get.

--Mickey A

RandyS

reggy

Quote from: cmalberto on August 21, 2021, 02:45:42 PM
So I ended up getting a 25watt controller and installed last week. As I expected, my battery life decreased some. Curious if anyone here has done this and have also upgraded the battery. I am not sure if I want to stay with the 48v or increase to 52v but what I am sure of is that I would like to hone in on a 17aH battery for the longevity of rides. On the fence whether I would replace the existing battery or get an add-on too for like the bike rack. My research so far is making me look for one with a XT90 connector as I can find a Rad to XT90 conversion cable to basically make it plug and play - anyone have thoughts on doing this or advice as to what to get.

--Mickey A

Hi cmalberto, what did you end up getting? I have the same radmini4 bike and need a second battery, with  the XT90 connector. Would get this:
https://area13ebikes.com/products/52v-20-3ah-triangle-lithium-battery?_pos=12&_sid=aad5c5431&_ss=r But they do not ship to Canada.