News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Delivery notices are BS

Started by Juan Grande, August 17, 2021, 06:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Juan Grande

Last Friday, 8/13, I got an email from Rad saying my bike had shipped and providing a Fedex tracking  that said delivery would be today,  8/17. So, as it's a signature delivery, I sat here all day waiting, for nothing. Now, the Fedex has updated to say "Estimated delivery date:
Pending. The delivery date may be updated when FedEx receives the package."

So, 4 days after Rad told me they had shipped, Fedex still has not received it. I have 2 bikes ordered and I'm tempted to not be here on the next "scheduled" delivery date.

I don't mind delays so much as I mind being bullshitted.

Widgets

It is not just Rad. This deceptive practice is widespread in online sales. As soon as the shipping label is printed, they claim the item has shipped. It may sit on the dock for a week or more before the shipper actually picks it up. The seller can claim rapid processing and shipping. I've had several Amazon packages done the same way by third party sellers.

kootenaykid

The tracking # my girlfriend and I got doesn't even seem to work in any tracking system I can find. I doubt they have even left the warehouse yet.

paracha3

Rad notice for me said "your bike arriving today". Checked FedEx and said delivery after 5 days.  ???

Altema

FedEx has been doing weird stuff lately, so I wouldn't blame Rad. I've had orders where FedEx says it's out for delivery, I wait all day, then they update the status to "pending" claiming they don't have the package yet.

MagnumPA

Mine just showed up before I even got any info from fedex, good thing i was home so someone didn't steal it off my porch. 

wtfg

I blame Rad!!!
I had a chain tensioner fail under warranty, one week to respond to my email and 5 days waiting to ship!!!
There customer service is terrible, they blame it on how busy they are!!
No excuse I would think twice before buying a Rad online.

JimInPT

Quote from: wtfg on August 22, 2021, 05:44:42 AM
I blame Rad!!!
I had a chain tensioner fail under warranty, one week to respond to my email and 5 days waiting to ship!!!
There customer service is terrible, they blame it on how busy they are!!
No excuse I would think twice before buying a Rad online.

My experience has been the opposite; Rad's customer service has been generally stellar given parts and personnel shortages at times - they've even discounted orders, unasked, to compensate for delays.  Other than inventory shortages, shipments have been prompt, tracked accurately and one time the guy who answered the phone stayed on the line with me for 30 minutes to walk me through diagnosis and adjusting my Mini in the garage while he talked me through the steps in real time.  All I called for was some diagnostic advice and ended up with the small problem fixed.  And he was the randomly-assigned CSR who answered the phone, not a tech escalation.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Cambridge

There are two issues at work when it comes to delivery delays:  RadPower itself, and FedEx.

Rad Power has been affected by the global supply chain debacle, like many companies.  Rad's accessories and basic bike frames are made in China, and China has periodically closed ports due to Corona (or at least that is the explanation they have given).  These days, it is not at all uncommon for container ships to sit outside US ports for weeks at a time before they can unload their cargo.  Add "staffing problems" into the mix, and we have what we have.

After speaking to Rad Power employees about the delays in getting my bikes, they seem almost as frustrated as their customers by the situation.

If Rad's website says "Ships by XX" date, that may not be accurate, as many of you well know.  Furthermore, if you see a bike or accessory in stock and order it, your next same day e-mail may give you an "updated" shipping date than the one you just saw on the website.

As for FedEx, I have had shipments sit for days in one of their Midwest facilities.  FedEx blames high volume, but they also blamed weather when I inquired as to why my bike had sat in their facility for almost a week.

The supply chain problem is not going to get better anytime soon.  In fact, it may get much worse, depending on global events.  If you want something, you are probably better off ordering now.  Who knows what the situation may be in the months ahead.  Wars, new pandemic "variants", and turbulent economic situations are all possibilities. 

Joel52334

I paid for my RW4 the 1st week of September 2020, with an October, then November, finally December 27th it arrived.  I did get a $100 extra rebate.  Here I was "MID_TUNDRA" season in Iowa. The snow usually goes away by mid-April (it can start in October).  I believe the pandemic is the issue for most any shipping woe.  From Washington to Iowa is a ways. LOL  From China to Iowa is farther, but stuff from AliExpress only takes a week or so...IDK  Rad can't say it takes 4 months to get a bike.  They'd be done.  I'm nice, polite, informative, when I call or email Rad.  They are kind and try to give proper expectations.  The email RUSH when something is in stock doesn't work.  I'd rather pay now, get in the queue. That would set their expectations too.  "there are 295 persons in front of you"  just like phone bots do.
I'm an RW4 owner. I'm not using any of these ancient forums. (ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM). Instead look for @joelhuebner, joel.huebner, joel.huebner@gmail.com, joel52334.
That's where you will find me.
This forum uses UTC time. GMT-0.  I'm at GMT-5 CDT.