Author Topic: What's up with the Canadian delays?  (Read 5576 times)

Monty

• View Profile
Re: What's up with the Canadian delays?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2022, 12:55:53 PM »
Yep, got my tracking number for my bike. Should've arrived today but Purolator gave the package to an authorized agent so based on previous experience, I'll get it next week XD. I guess it's not bad. Everything got shipped 5 days after the order fiy. Good luck NaturallyRC!

NaturallyRC

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »
I mean, you have to laugh or you would cry. Better than no news at all I guess. Happy for you. I still am hearing SFA, but maybe soon. LOL.

Yep, got my tracking number for my bike. Should've arrived today but Purolator gave the package to an authorized agent so based on previous experience, I'll get it next week XD. I guess it's not bad. Everything got shipped 5 days after the order fiy. Good luck NaturallyRC!

NaturallyRC

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 05:41:26 AM »
Just got an email saying my parts order is alive, in some capacity, and should arrive in about a week.

mare

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 08:25:01 AM »
I doubt they can name their supply line partner without burning bridges and possibly getting into legal problems.

It might actually not be the partner's fault. Let's not forget that China has a huge rise of Covid infections at the moment and since they still try to maintain their Zero Covid strategy, whole neighbourhoods and (industrial) areas can be quarantined. That might be one of the causes of the delays. There's also still a global shortage of shipping containers.

I ordered a Radwagon and some accessories three weeks ago and can happily report that I just got a FedEx delivery.

Of two passenger pegs…

(Fortunately it's still cold, salty and snowy out here so it's not too hard to be patient for a little longer. Let's hope I'll get my bike soon.)

/First post, not really an 'owner' yet, but 'Hi!' nevertheless.

NaturallyRC

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 04:53:05 AM »
I just got another email contradicting the one that said my stuff is shipping, while continuing to be fuzzy about what's going on.

We want to take the time to say thank you for choosing Rad Power Bikes. We are excited to have you as a member of this community and hope to get you up and riding as soon as possible. With that, there are a couple of updates in regards to delivery that we’d like to inform you of at this time.

Though your items are in stock, system outages at our warehouses have meant that our team has to process all orders manually to ensure everything is shipped out correctly. While our team is working hard to catch up, shipping timelines are delayed, but we expect to return to normal shipping operations by the end of this month.

As we receive new information, we will keep you updated to the best of our ability. Once your order ships, you will receive the tracking number and ways to manage your delivery via email.

Please know that we are dedicated to delivering your order as soon as possible, and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.

Just got an email saying my parts order is alive, in some capacity, and should arrive in about a week.

NaturallyRC

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 05:01:13 AM »
Hi, Mare. Great that you got your pegs. Hope the rest arrives before long. Here in balmy S Ontario, I've already put on 160km since I got my bike last month, right before the cyberattack.

Anyway, sounds like you missed my earlier post where the NYT and other news sources report that Rad's third-party international shipper got attacked/ransomed, etc, and when, so the delay has nothing to do with COVID. The European Rad website has a direct link to Expeditors International, so it's not a legal disclosure thing. Cheers.

I doubt they can name their supply line partner without burning bridges and possibly getting into legal problems.

It might actually not be the partner's fault. Let's not forget that China has a huge rise of Covid infections at the moment and since they still try to maintain their Zero Covid strategy, whole neighbourhoods and (industrial) areas can be quarantined. That might be one of the causes of the delays. There's also still a global shortage of shipping containers.

I ordered a Radwagon and some accessories three weeks ago and can happily report that I just got a FedEx delivery.

Of two passenger pegs…

(Fortunately it's still cold, salty and snowy out here so it's not too hard to be patient for a little longer. Let's hope I'll get my bike soon.)

/First post, not really an 'owner' yet, but 'Hi!' nevertheless.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 05:04:41 AM by NaturallyRC »

mare

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 04:47:13 PM »
Hi, Mare. Great that you got your pegs. Hope the rest arrives before long. Here in balmy S Ontario, I've already put on 160km since I got my bike last month, right before the cyberattack.

Anyway, sounds like you missed my earlier post where the NYT and other news sources report that Rad's third-party international shipper got attacked/ransomed, etc, and when, so the delay has nothing to do with COVID. The European Rad website has a direct link to Expeditors International, so it's not a legal disclosure thing.

I did miss that, thanks!

NaturallyRC

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2022, 07:26:09 PM »
Yay! All three of my ordered items arrived today.

NaturallyRC

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2022, 07:28:10 PM »
Np. As mentioned, my stuff arrived today, days ahead of when FedEx first said they would, so, pleasant surprise. 

I did miss that, thanks!

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »
Hi all, admin here. I deleted some of the early posts here as they were veering off-topic. Let's be nice and connect over what we love - ebikes  8)

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2022, 07:23:56 PM »