Author Topic: Discuss 2019 Rad Power Bike Models  (Read 7835 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Discuss 2019 Rad Power Bike Models
« on: December 05, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
Last year when I saw the changes coming to the 2018 Rad Wagon I knew it was worth the wait to get the 2018 versus the 2017. I do like some of the changes coming to 2019, mainly the new tire liners and moving down to just a 7-speed (at least for us). As a 2018 owner I am very glad they kept the same battery and I expect they will make more significant changes in 2020.

Psuggmog Volbenz

• View Profile
Re: Discuss 2019 Rad Power Bike Models
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »
I ride a 2018 Radwagon and often carry heavy loads.. I ride in a very hilly coastal area and ride about 95% of the time without using electric power. One of the essential features, for me, is the 21 speed gearset. I try to maintain a constant cadence when I ride. This would not be possible with a seven speed radwagon the way I ride. To me, the reduced gearset on the 2019 Radwagon is not an improvement.

RadBiker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:01:30 AM »
I ride a 2018 Radwagon and often carry heavy loads.. I ride in a very hilly coastal area and ride about 95% of the time without using electric power. One of the essential features, for me, is the 21 speed gearset. I try to maintain a constant cadence when I ride. This would not be possible with a seven speed radwagon the way I ride. To me, the reduced gearset on the 2019 Radwagon is not an improvement.

I also live in a hilly area and do not carry a lot of weight. I seem to use only  a few gears always and adjust the power when I need a bit more help. The gear changes are not always super smooth so I try to avoid changing them excessively.

Rjbur007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 08:06:45 AM »

Exactly why I bought the 2018 RadWagon and tilted my head when they market a reduction in gears as a new feature?   My shifting has been very smooth thus far.   If anyone is having shifting issues, then have a local shop time your bike... I assembled mine and I seen had to spend a little time with my front
Derailleur. Rear was fine.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schwutke@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
I am contemplating to get a RadCity.
I am a little bit concerned about the frame size in 19in, which is the same as the smaller frame, when I compare dimesnions, s.a. reach, wheelbase, etc..  Only Seat post and handlebar height are different.
I would also prefer a bigger wheel diameter, s.a. as a 29er or 27.5. (My previous MTB was agile with a 26" wheel but not very stable at higher speeds.) Any information if increased wheel diameters are planned for the next generation bike?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:08 PM »
I am contemplating to get a RadCity.
I am a little bit concerned about the frame size in 19in, which is the same as the smaller frame, when I compare dimesnions, s.a. reach, wheelbase, etc..  Only Seat post and handlebar height are different.
I would also prefer a bigger wheel diameter, s.a. as a 29er or 27.5. (My previous MTB was agile with a 26" wheel but not very stable at higher speeds.) Any information if increased wheel diameters are planned for the next generation bike?
What is your concern with the 19 in? As far as I know this is how all bikes are sized with the longer seat tube. I haven't seen an instance where there wasn't a Rad bike that would fit someone. I doubt they will go with larger diameter tires, though if you're looking for stability perhaps the Rover or Mini would be a better option. I'm 6ft and my wife is 5 ft 5 in and we both fit our Wagon without any problems, simply have to adjust the seat height.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:08 PM »