News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RADMini Fatbike Light Upgrade.

Started by Customstockz, June 17, 2020, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Customstockz

I find that the Rad Mini Stock headlight wasn't bright enough so I had upgraded it with 2 automobile flood lights using the stock brackets for the top and customized the bottom one that is above the front fender. For the power source I did not want to use the factory battery because I would like that power source for bike itself and decided to go with an Makita 18 volt battery with a 3D printed female power adapter. Painted it all black and using pieces of 2mm rubber sheets as liners for the 1/2 EMT conduit mounts for a little shock Resistance and preventing scratches to the read basket also lock nuts to hold them in place. Still in progress and will try to update it soon. I have decided to add a 19 mode police strobe tail light for some extra visibility at night and it is pretty darn bright!. The left switch is the on and off button and the right switch is the mode button which you cycle through so you can have the option on what patterns suit your needs, some of the patterns are really annoying that can blind whoever is behind you. I tried to make it clean as possible hiding all the wires on back of the frame of the bike including twisting the wires inserting them in compression wire wrap solder wires and tube shrink after like if it was factory. The rear light switches I was kinda disappointing because I wanted it to make it flushed even more with hidden switches but that would require more time and better material instead of abs plastic and the momentary switch to be black as well, red is all I had at the moment. The left is a on/off and the one on the right is a momentary switch for the 19 mode of strobe patterns.The double toggles on the handles controls the 2 front lights so you can have the option on having the fender light on alone or top alone or both on. I will try to have a night time light shot on how it looks when I get a chance. The battery run time should be around 12 hours I assume. I had it running for 6 hours and had 2 battery level life left out of 4. everything else on the bike is satin blacked out with 3M vinyl.

Customstockz

update.

Ryan

Very cool, I love that it runs off of a Makita battery. Dog looks happy too  8)

Hehateme

I would like to see more of this kind of ingenuity on this form. Nice work. Clean and thoughtful. I know who to ask if I need some bleach, six gallons!  I imagine there is a pallet of toilet paper somewhere in that garage.

Hehateme

I wonder how long that 5ah battery will last with all the lights running on full blast. If the battery dies, are you in the dark? Maybe keep the stock light accessible if out on long night ride.
I love night time trail rides too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customstockz

Quote from: Hehateme on June 20, 2020, 08:17:24 PM
I wonder how long that 5ah battery will last with all the lights running on full blast. If the battery dies, are you in the dark? Maybe keep the stock light accessible if out on long night ride.
I love night time trail rides too.

so far it has been 6 hours and still strong from the 5ah battery. 2 bars left on the battery life indicator out of 4, my guess is about 8+ hours of run time. I was thinking about hooking it up with a DC/DC male converter CPT step down regulator 14v/50v to 12 volt but would rather have its own battery for the lights and bike for the extra mile.

Cru Jones 33

Holy poop that's awesome!

Stay RAD Stay SAFE