Author Topic: Fenders for the 2019 Mini  (Read 7265 times)

jchristopherwilson

• View Profile
Fenders for the 2019 Mini
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:06:34 AM »
I see that RAD will have full fenders for the Mini back in stock this morning. I was gonna rush in and order a set, but saw the caution on the website about difficulty in installing them, (especially the rear one), and after reading the online instructions, I'm even more cautious to purchase them and attempt to do it myself. I've got some (not a lot) mechanical experience, and decent tools...just wondering if anyone online has installed these, and if so, how much of an ordeal did it turn out to be? Thanks, CW

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fenders for the 2019 Mini
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
I have too read the same. Lots of folks talk about the need to remove the brakes which can make it easier. What about the ones from MRI-Denver?

No experience with them but maybe this helps:

https://youtu.be/CknoLzH-C5s

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Robert C. Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »
I installed two sets of fenders and two rear racks on two new minis.  Front fender is easy, rear needs more work. I had to remove the rear wheels.  I also had to re-tap a few holes in the frame because the screws felt like the heads may twist off if I kept turning. The re-tapping was easy and then the screws went in easy. The fenders and racks work well.  Some of the screws were in tight places, but an overall easy job.

Cru Jones 33

• Lets walk this SUCKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:23:46 PM »
I installed two sets of fenders and two rear racks on two new minis.  Front fender is easy, rear needs more work. I had to remove the rear wheels.  I also had to re-tap a few holes in the frame because the screws felt like the heads may twist off if I kept turning. The re-tapping was easy and then the screws went in easy. The fenders and racks work well.  Some of the screws were in tight places, but an overall easy job.
Ya I had to do the same thing :-( I just tapped all the holes after I twisted off one Allen head screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay RAD Stay SAFE

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:23:46 PM »