Author Topic: JUIN TECH M1 BRAKES  (Read 20112 times)

Robert C. Albert

• View Profile
JUIN TECH M1 BRAKES
« on: September 07, 2019, 05:43:35 PM »
Has anyone tried the JUIN Tech M1 brake modification ?

Robert C. Albert

• View Profile
Re: JUIN TECH M1 BRAKES
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
Well I guess we will know how good the brakes are.  Just ordered three sets for two 2019 minis and a new wagon.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 09:41:14 PM »
Well I guess we will know how good the brakes are.  Just ordered three sets for two 2019 minis and a new wagon.

Great, let us know how it goes and if they should be added to the recommended accessories thread. Are you doing the install yourself?

Robert C. Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »
The install of the M-1 hydraulic brake units from BOLTON BIKES was really easy since they use the original brake levers, discs and cables. They are smoother since both pads move in instead of only one moving pad on the standard Tektro brake units. They are not stronger since the standard units can lock the wheels pretty easy. These are not necessary but are a nice upgrade.  My bike is quieter when braking and has a little smoother brake action.  Since I am a fool for upgrades I recommend this one.  No real downside except for the $150.00 expense. Also no bleeding or maintenance is needed except for a future pad change and they use easy to get Shimano brake pads.  Bolton bikes has a nice video of the install procedure.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »
The install of the M-1 hydraulic brake units from BOLTON BIKES was really easy since they use the original brake levers, discs and cables. They are smoother since both pads move in instead of only one moving pad on the standard Tektro brake units. They are not stronger since the standard units can lock the wheels pretty easy. These are not necessary but are a nice upgrade.  My bike is quieter when braking and has a little smoother brake action.  Since I am a fool for upgrades I recommend this one.  No real downside except for the $150.00 expense. Also no bleeding or maintenance is needed except for a future pad change and they use easy to get Shimano brake pads.  Bolton bikes has a nice video of the install procedure.
Thanks for sharing. I guess I wasn't aware you could use the same cables? And no maintenance? I thought with hydraulic brakes they would at some point need the lines bled. If you have some I'd be curious to see some pictures. Appreciate the balanced review!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Robert C. Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 10:50:27 PM »
Check out the M-1 brake install video on Bolton Bikes website.  Boltonbikes.com

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »
Here is the video for those interested. I have not seen anything like this before. Given this is an easy upgrade that most people could DIY I'm going to add it to my list of accessories page here: https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,104.0.html

I think the only consideration is the steep price, but something to keep an eye on. One of my minor pain points is adjusting the brakes on my RadWagon. It just takes some patience but it seems like these would be much easier to adjust to get rid of any rubbing.

[/center]

mailman390

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 07:42:05 PM »
I bought the Juin Tech M1 on eBay.....paid $137 which was after taxes.

aegert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »

So I’m installing on the radwagon 4 and really having a tome getting the front not to rub any pointes.  I have the pads set at widest followed the bolton bid. Backs great front rub. Do not have any ideas

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 12:49:58 PM »

So I’m installing on the radwagon 4 and really having a tome getting the front not to rub any pointes.  I have the pads set at widest followed the bolton bid. Backs great front rub. Do not have any ideas

check the brake rotor...you may have a slightly bent one.

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 05:54:53 AM »
i upgraded my radrunner 1 brakes to the bolton (juin tech) m1 hydraulic calipers.

quieter, smoother and a more positive feel than the stock brakes.

as noted in the bolton video, less than 5 minute install.

the brake kit included 8 nitride m6 bolts with thread lock applied and 2 black cable-end crimps.

infinitely easier to install and adjust than the stock calipers.

2-day shipping from bolton!

though a bit pricey, i would definitely recommend this upgrade.

kyle @ bolton - keep bringing these great upgrades to the masses!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:48:01 PM by wkindred »

aegert

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2021, 09:12:24 AM »

Yup figured that out that day. Did a sight bend back in truing up the rotor and then blessed silence lol.

Thanks

wkindred

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:05 AM »

Yup figured that out that day. Did a sight bend back in truing up the rotor and then blessed silence lol.

Thanks

great!

glad you were able to resolve!

SergeL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2021, 11:24:03 AM »
Seeking an experienced Juin Tech M1 user's opinion.

I have a RadMini ST 2 and I am considering this brake upgrade. I see Juin Tech M1 kits on amazon that come with new rotors too. Would it be advisable to change the rotors as well (front wheel manageable, rear wheel does not seem so manageable for me), or stick to the 180mm rotors already on the bike? If I stick to the original Tektro rotors, would it be better to use the caliper adapters already on the bike, since only one of the two Juin Tech adapters seems to be 180mm-designed?

Or maybe, if looking for a minimum of fussing, staying with the mechanical Tektro's, but replacing the Tektro E10.11 pads with semi-metallic pads? Oh, and I am over 200 lbs.

Thanks for your time!

PS: I notice Tektro pad sets don't come with new cotter pins; is this a testament to the quality of their cotter pin, or to their penny-pinching?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 02:13:00 PM by SergeL »

JTK77

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2021, 11:48:36 PM »
Juintechs are really not worth the money (widely accepted view which I agree). Much better to go for full hydraulics. XODs are cheap If you are looking for budget solution. These are way better and cheaper than Juintechs.
I prefer Magura MT5Es.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2021, 11:48:36 PM »