News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Additional rear lights

Started by ericwn, August 10, 2021, 06:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ericwn

Greetings fellow riders, I'm getting the yepp seat delivered shortly and wanted to check if anybody has a recommendation for adding more rear lights to their bikes, maybe even on the back of the child seat?

Alternatively, any cool extra rear lights that you're using attached to the caboose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jman

I use a Cygolite Hypershot 250 Lumen taillight for each of my bikes.  I can't say enough good things about them!  They are super bright for daytime visibility, multiple flashing modes, adjustable flash speed, usb rechargeable and made in the USA!  Make sure you know if you need the hard mount or soft mount before ordering.

I also use a cygolite Zot 450 lumen headlight for flashing daylight visibility.

JimInPT

Quote from: ericwn on August 10, 2021, 06:56:26 AM
Greetings fellow riders, I'm getting the yepp seat delivered shortly and wanted to check if anybody has a recommendation for adding more rear lights to their bikes, maybe even on the back of the child seat?

Alternatively, any cool extra rear lights that you're using attached to the caboose?

I have one of these strapped underneath my RadMini Step Thru seat: https://amzn.to/2XACtx2

Has several great flash/steady modes, long life in flashing mode, very bright even in daylight, rechargeable, rugged, well-made and best of all it's motion-sensitive so it starts up when the bike moves and shuts down 2 minutes after it stops - I don't have to remember to turn it on, just check it now and then to see if the battery need charging.  For the price I think it's an excellent value after about 150 miles on it.

The included rubber strap mount (the light itself clips to the mount and is easy to remove for recharging) took a little creativity to attach under the seat with zipties; it's designed to strap onto an angled seat tube, but that wasn't high enough for my ride.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

ericwn

Quote from: Jman on August 10, 2021, 08:39:51 AM
I use a Cygolite Hypershot 250 Lumen taillight for each of my bikes.  I can't say enough good things about them!  They are super bright for daytime visibility, multiple flashing modes, adjustable flash speed, usb rechargeable and made in the USA!  Make sure you know if you need the hard mount or soft mount before ordering.

I also use a cygolite Zot 450 lumen headlight for flashing daylight visibility.
Thanks much for sharing! With the hard mount I see almost always seat post attached examples. Would I be able to mount this on one of the horizontal rack bars at the end of the Radwagon and just rotate the light 90 degrees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jman

You can mount horizontally but the light diffuser will be pointed up and down instead of left and right.  Keeping it mounted vertically will help spread the light side to side for more visibility.

ericwn

Quote from: Jman on August 11, 2021, 12:42:07 PM
You can mount horizontally but the light diffuser will be pointed up and down instead of left and right.  Keeping it mounted vertically will help spread the light side to side for more visibility.
So the mount itself can only position the light either horizontally or vertically and not at a 90 degreee offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jman

The light will be in the same direction as the mount, there is no rotation in that direction.  There is an angle adjustment to aim it up or down(in the vertical position).