News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

A few questions about the forks on the Plus

Started by MagnumPA, July 03, 2021, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

MagnumPA

Hello,
Just finishing up assembly of the Rad Runner Plus, and I noticed something odd.   The front fender mounting point at the bottom of the fork on the right side is angled back towards the rear of the bike, while the left side mount is parallel to the axle.  Is this on purpose for clearance of the brakes, or did it maybe get turned a bit in transit?  Just wanted to check before I torque it down.

I saw the fender mounts are bolted into the fork bottom, but they look just like oil drain bolts for motorcycle forks, are the forks hydraulic oil filled?  I didn't want to loosen it and end up with oil all over the floor.

thanks

MurderNote

The specs on the rad power page say this:

Fork

RST spring fork, 80 mm travel, with lockout and preload adjustment

So if there's any oil in there, it's most likely sealed. If there's no small plugs that open with a flat head screwdriver I'd move forward with confidence. I also did a search for bleeding the forks and changing the oil and nothing came up.

As far as you attachment points, they are both the same so it probably got moved around. Here's a view of each side.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnumPA

thanks for the reply,
I ended up moving it so it lined up right, the mount on bottom was actually pretty loose. No oil leaked, if there is any in there at all.