News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Power Bikes announcement 2019

Started by Ryan, August 19, 2019, 07:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ryan

Ty, one of the co-founders of Rad Power Bikes posted the following comment on Facebook:

QuoteTy from RPB here...We typically refrain from posting in order to maintain the neutrality of the group, but every once in a while something SO RAD comes up that it warrants an appearance!
As a company, we owe so much to you, our amazing community. Whether it's being an active part of this group, sharing your Rad stories across social, or generally shouting "RIDE RAD!" from the rooftops, you help spread the good word about Rad and accelerate the ebike revolution.
Because of this, we wanted to give you, our biggest Radvocates, a special heads-up. Tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. PT, we'll be releasing the teaser for our newest creation! Mark your calendar, set an alarm, do what you have to do to tune in via email, social media, and at radpowerbikes.com at 9 a.m..
Thank you again for riding Rad and for helping us grow into the largest ebike brand in North America. We'll see you tomorrow morning!

I'm very curious what they will share today. Any guesses?

Ryan

The Rad Runner by Rad Power Bikes! https://bit.ly/2XCGSNC

Looks like we have to wait another 3 days

Ryan

After watching the video here are my guesses

-Super73 styled frame
-Lower price point (no LCD) possibly $999
-Unlikely but maybe a mid drive

Beyond the price point and potential to have room for 2 I'm a bit surprised. The style seems so close to the mini and mini step through.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Ryan

So the RadRunner has officially been released and I have to say I think it is an interesting offering. Given that we typically ride our Wagon with two adults I totally get the versatility of a beefy rear rack. With our Wagon we do typically have to downshift on steep hills so I'm curious how this would handle hills with the extra power of the different motor (positive), but the lack of being able to shift (negative). The price point while cheaper is not as exciting when you consider you at least need to put on fenders. The current RadMini fenders are priced at $89 so I assume something similar for the RadRunner. You could definitely get away with a DIY passenger seat though I do feel like you would need the protective skirt as well as the footpegs. So with the accessories mentioned, not including the center console you're looking at the same price as a Wagon which comes with everything you need. You're pretty much getting a Wagon in a different form factor without the LCD screen (not a dealbreaker in my opinion) and rear derailleur. For folks looking for a smaller bike it is for sure a contender when also considering the RadMini especially if you don't need the ability to fold. Share your thoughts below!

Here is Rad's page for the RadRunner coming September 10: https://bit.ly/2XCGSNC