News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad parts shipping needs to improve

Started by Winterhawk, June 30, 2021, 05:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Winterhawk

Grateful that they sell parts but shipping takes forever. 4 orders now and each one takes longer. Latest order for a part in stock which they said will ship the next day, has a tracking number, but hasn't been scanned by shipper after 7 days! If you have a shipping problem you need to email help center which can take up to a week to hear back. I know because I've submitted 3 tickets for various reasons and they are so backed up you almost forgot you submitted a ticket. Need to find an alternate source for parts because they must be under staffed at this point or?

JimInPT

I know a lot of businesspeople who can't find anybody with a few brain cells who wants to work if Uncle Joe Bedpan will send them "free" money to sit on their butts at home instead - it's perverse, and becoming a serious problem across industries now, distorting our economy, combined with the ongoing problem with suppliers being able to produce, ship and deliver, plus the gift of inflation FedGov is bestowing upon us with insane deficit spending.   

Rad's service for me in the past has been stellar, but I can see some cracks in the operation and I'm not surprised because it's hitting every business I'm aware of.  I think Winter Is Coming, as the saying went.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

wtfg

Same problem here, took 2 weeks to get a LCD upgrade.
When I ordered it showed in stock ships next business day.
In this day in age the most i would expect to wait is a week!
It would be different if under the item, it showed 2 weeks!

Kenzo35

Try 2 months waiting for headlight upgrade that was said to be in stock. No tracking number. Was told they'd notify me when shipped, nothing beyond that.

Altema

Odd, I ordered a front fork, and it shipped the next day. Should be here this Wednesday. Guess it depends on the part and how many they sell.

jbfoster

Quote from: Kenzo35 on July 04, 2021, 11:18:07 AM
Try 2 months waiting for headlight upgrade that was said to be in stock. No tracking number. Was told they'd notify me when shipped, nothing beyond that.

Don't get to excited for the headlight upgrade. I got it and it kinda sucks. No way it's worth $49.

JimInPT

Quote from: jbfoster on July 05, 2021, 01:51:39 PM

Don't get to excited for the headlight upgrade. I got it and it kinda sucks. No way it's worth $49.

I absolutely agree!  It's bigger and looks better in proportion to my Mini ST, and it's brighter than the little stock light, but the beam just sucks - it's a very bright and tightly-focused little rectangle thrown out ahead of you, surrounded by darkness so that you can't see to either side or near the bike to avoid stuff on the road or see potholes, animals, signs or people up ahead.  It's actually dangerous on a dark night unless you're riding very slowly.  Awful design, unlike many Rad things - the lens designer and product manager should be fired for putting this on the menu as-is.  I wrote a well-mannered owner's review about this (no "sucks") on the product's web page and it was never posted - scrolling the list of reviews seems to indicate they're only posting the 4 or 5-star reviews, which IMHO are undeserved.

I kept the "premium" light in place as a backup/running light and because it's not wimpy-looking like the stock unit, but added a Planet Bike 800 SLX light to an add-on accessory bar (was running out of level horizontal room).  Now THAT is a great bike light; nicely-shaped beam that lights up everything ahead without annoying oncoming drivers, very bright for absolutely-dark country roads, with two dimmer modes and a very nice pulsing (not strobing, although it can do that too) daylight visibility mode.  Pic below.  Absolutely love that PB800 and wouldn't have ordered the Rad "premium" light if I'd done better homework.

Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Omidia Ramin

You're telling me.

My axle broke in removing the wheel to deal with a flat.

they only do the whole rear wheel assembly. fortunately they had one in stock in a canadian warehouse, which is the same country i am in.  ordered, paid for, and i get that they are TRAGICALLY apologetic, but it's going to take 5 full weeks before i get it.

And then there's no real guarantee or reality to any of it until the "we've shipped your item, here is the tracking number" email goes out.  hopefully 5 weeks, but it's not inconceivable for it to get pushed.

not to put a fine point on it, BUT I USE MY BIKE EVERY DAY, or at least used to, for transport, yes, but also for sanity. and much else.

I've been waiting for a kickstand since i don't know when, whatever, i can deal with that.  it's inconvenient, a pain, but i don't care.  i don't know, i clearly need a second bike if i want it it always available, and i was hoping to get another rad (the cargo perhaps, to complement the mini i have now) and sharing the batteries easily would just be SO VALUABLE.

but... yeah... they've been so great over the year and a half, they're being great but... it doesn't help me.

and it's cheaper to rent a car than an ebike it seems.  options might include:

- take a rear wheel assembly off one of the mini's you have IN STOCK IN THE SHOWROOM READY TO SELL, and when my shipment comes in, it's theirs.
- rent me one of their bikes, for something not stupid, $100 a week, it would be such a gift to me, in 5 weeks, it's not like they would lose there

if i knew what bike i wanted, from elsewhere, i'd go buy it, the debt i can do, Buti don't even know.  i'm half expecting myself to just go to the store one day, but a mini, remove the rear wheel assembly and battery, and then lock/chain the rest of it outside the store.  or just leave it with them.    except it would be a callosal waste of money.  And... well, it feels like taking it out on the front line/sales staff, which...

it's always a bad solution, but right now, especially, i just don't have it in me to be mean to other human beings, especially the ones serving me in whatever way.

IF I KNEW WITH SOME CERTAINTY which motor to order, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I have the stock controller, and for the display an eggrider v2 and/or the stock display.

the "upgrade" motor as sold by bolton and electro bike world, is not 100% on the stock stuff, and i don't know if the eggrider will be able to deal with it or not.

the eggrider manual does mention compatibility with "Bafang RM G060.750.DC 48V 750W SWX02"

the elctrobike world one seems to be "BF RMG06 48V750W(7)"

but then i read on a thread "https://hilleater.ca/bafang-swx02-rear-cassette-motor-fast-11-turn-winding-fits-juiced-ccs/"

(obviously this is a totally different motor, but what?  theres suddenly two part numbers which doesn'r help, especially since, well especially since it''s too confusing enough all ready.)

"SWX02 is the original part number, RM G020.350.DC (11) is the new designation. (Rear motor, geared second generation, 350w, disc brake with cassette (number of windings))"

(well that was a bit of a rant i suppose)

Kenzo35

Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled the order.

Altema

Quote from: JimInPT on July 05, 2021, 04:18:57 PM

I absolutely agree!  It's bigger and looks better in proportion to my Mini ST, and it's brighter than the little stock light, but the beam just sucks - it's a very bright and tightly-focused little rectangle thrown out ahead of you, surrounded by darkness so that you can't see to either side or near the bike to avoid stuff on the road or see potholes, animals, signs or people up ahead.  It's actually dangerous on a dark night unless you're riding very slowly.  Awful design, unlike many Rad things - the lens designer and product manager should be fired for putting this on the menu as-is.  I wrote a well-mannered owner's review about this (no "sucks") on the product's web page and it was never posted - scrolling the list of reviews seems to indicate they're only posting the 4 or 5-star reviews, which IMHO are undeserved.

I kept the "premium" light in place as a backup/running light and because it's not wimpy-looking like the stock unit, but added a Planet Bike 800 SLX light to an add-on accessory bar (was running out of level horizontal room).  Now THAT is a great bike light; nicely-shaped beam that lights up everything ahead without annoying oncoming drivers, very bright for absolutely-dark country roads, with two dimmer modes and a very nice pulsing (not strobing, although it can do that too) daylight visibility mode.  Pic below.  Absolutely love that PB800 and wouldn't have ordered the Rad "premium" light if I'd done better homework.

Agree with Jbfoster as well. It is brighter, but the tight pattern and NO sidefill are what put me off. Granted, the tight beam does keep from blinding others, but it's too tight, and positioning it can be fussy. I went riding with a passenger last night, and her being on the rear seat of my RadMini forced me to aim my light lower. Like JimInPT, I kept the stock light and added a dedicated headlight to an accessory bar.

Altema

Quote from: Omidia Ramin on July 06, 2021, 05:42:10 PM
You're telling me.

My axle broke in removing the wheel to deal with a flat.

they only do the whole rear wheel assembly. fortunately they had one in stock in a canadian warehouse, which is the same country i am in.  ordered, paid for, and i get that they are TRAGICALLY apologetic, but it's going to take 5 full weeks before i get it.
That's a bad situation, and hopefully it will arrive a little earlier. The Bolton motor uses 5 speed sensor magnets instead of 6, and the stock controller is probably a bit confused at this. The axle on the Bolton motor is a bit different as well, so you couldn't just replace that part either.